Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MORidian

Old 04-11-2004, 01:06 PM   #91
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Economics...

I'm a libertarian but my mother-in-law is a republican and is one of the kindest and sweetest people you could ever meet. You hate her too?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2004, 01:32 PM   #92
BrokenLink
Founding Member

Default Name calling is not listening

Instead of dismissing this analysis, you should take it apart with your own points. You are just name calling. Which makes you an idiot no better than the Rush and Bush fans. I knew you were a Bu****e.
BrokenLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 01:35 PM   #93
BrokenLink
Founding Member

Default All talk and no do

"I'm still looking at a Speed Triple or a Falco." Yeh Right, Sure you are.
BrokenLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 01:59 PM   #94
Jexter
Founding Member

Default Re: Resale

Why is a polished frame such a drawback? Just aesthetics? Or does it weaken the frame or something?

I'm the squidly sort (er, I would be if I could get off of my FOCKING Silverwing), and I always thought it looks cool. If it doesn't hurt the bike, it'd be great for me if it drops another $500 off the thing.
Jexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 02:27 PM   #95
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: All talk and no do

Just got done rebuilding the ol' Magna and the exchequer only handles so much.

Goin' on the Alcan?
Old 04-11-2004, 03:06 PM   #96
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: HTML for Dummies

Does the html book show you how to make bboard sock puppets?
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 04:01 PM   #97
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Say what?

you mean you're supposed to wait until you can afford a new bike before you buy it?

Good one, you had me going there for a minute.

You're right about Japanese bike economics. Unless you want the latest and greatest every 2 year design cycle the depreciation and parts price and availability are against you for the long term.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 04:39 PM   #98
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Name calling is not listening

Okay, I was going to stay out of this one, but I just can't.

First of all, this is a MOTORCYCLE Web site. I would like to enjoy it as such. I get enough political witch hunts on TV, radio, and in the newspaper.

That being said, why is it that Republicans get accused of being neo-facists when there are plenty of thought police on the left side? And, while I used to be somewhere in the center of the political spectrum, the liberals/Democrats are pushing me further to the right every day. Democrats should change the name of the party to "Contrarians" and get it over with. Would someone from the left please construct a coherent argument on any issue, please? And you go accusing the right for being reactionary, ridgid and unintelligent. What a joke. A strategy of failure is no way to win over the undecided.

I'm not saying he's perfect, but if you can show me how George W. Bush and the current adminstration is directly and wholly responsible for the exportation of jobs (which, I understand is a natural feature of the global economy), how he knew about 9/11 and did nothing about it, and, of course the classic nonsense about how the Iraq war was all about oil, then I might listen. But I doubt any of you can because most of what I hear from the left are empty sound bites and slogans.

There, now that I've got that out, someone insult my bike or call me a squid so we can get back to why we're here. Any takers? BuzGlyd? Fire away.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 06:00 PM   #99
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default I did

I think I've gone totally insane. I rode down to GP motorcycles on Friday just to "pet" the Brutale. Then they let me take her for a test ride. Damn temptress!

We worked out a pretty good deal and they even threw a new chain on my Duc.

I guess the middleweight shootout convinced me that having no fairing at all is really cool.

Oh and tell Broken Link if he's going to insult you he should change his handle back to KPaul first.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 06:03 PM   #100
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Damn squid

You should know better than to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man. When Kook and the rest of his aliases/multiple personalities goes off his medication it gets ugly around here.

Oh, and your bike sucks too and I don't even know what it is.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote