Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MORidian

Old 02-10-2004, 12:49 PM   #21
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default Woo-hoo! Another shootout...

Keep up the good work, Boys.
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2004, 12:56 PM   #22
Flickmeister
Registered Member

Default Re: Motorcycle.Com Bike of the Year

Yeah, the Gixxer Thou has two gears left when the Touno tops out. It'll outdo the Touno in every way, except possibly comfort, for a boat load less cash. If you need your own personal ticket book for the Touno, you'll need a private judge and a Swiss bank account for the Gixxer Thou. I'd tell ya how well Suzuki's new "double bubble" windscreen keeps the wind blast off you at an indicated 174 @ 12,000 RPM in 5th gear (one more to go!), but then I'd have to kill you. (-:

Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 12:56 PM   #23
mrrick
Founding Member

The Tuono is Awesome. For those of us that have a bit less cash (Myself being one.) I Just bought a leftover GSXR 1000 and ordered a Speiglerusa handlebar conversion kit. This is similar to the tuono with a dirt bike style bar. Just a bunch more "GO Juice" in the motor. Can the M,O, team (Thats you guys do a test on a gixxer 1000 with one of these bars for some feedback for the rest of the M,O,ites possibly do a comparo against the Tuono and possibly the Kwaker Z1000. I'll read it, It would be a Wheelie good story for us.
mrrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 12:58 PM   #24
mrrick
Founding Member

Here is a link to a Pihoto http://www.spieglerusa.com/prodimg/z120s094B.jpg
mrrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 01:01 PM   #25
IndigoDao
Founding Member

You know, most magazines write up a shoot-out article when it comes time to select a Bike of the Year... where's ours?
IndigoDao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 01:06 PM   #26
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

At 8800 the Triple is the bargain of the century. I'd take one in a heartbeat over a Tuono.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:12 PM   #27
ewok1
Founding Member

There are worse bikes, I'm sure. But this is an odd choice. What can you actually do with a bike like that? It strikes me as a hybrid. Because they try to be everything to everybody a hybrid seems like a bike that's going to sit in the garage a lot. I know my speed triple did. It was a hoot to ride, but I just couldn't figure out a use for it. A full on sport bike is better for the track and real twisties and an adventure tourer is better at about everything else. But that's just me.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 01:25 PM   #28
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Hmmm a magazine in the UK picked a Triumph....
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 01:34 PM   #29
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Where is the trophy?

Wait a minute! Doesn't the winner get a trophy and picture with Sean in a tuxedo! Seriously you guys should make a trophy so bike manufacturers can put it their ads (like the MotorTrend trophy). This would help people find your site too in the rag ads.

Tunno is a cool bike and it, along with the Buell, are the bikes I would most like to try. I actually voted for the Rune cause it was so unHonda.

"Welcome KPaulCook, your account expires in 2 days. Please Renew! There are 489 others online. **"

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 01:36 PM   #30
Chango
Founding Member

Yeah, I'd love to see a new Bandit 1000, with the frame, engine, etc from the GSX-R1000, or a HOnda 998, or an FZ-1 with the full power, but that probably won't happen. The big Japanese manufacturers are possibly scared of litigation or something. Or maybe I'm just bitter because the GSX-R1000 weighs almost 100 pounds less than my Bandit 600 and makes nearly 100 more hp. On the one hand, I don't really want the extra power. On the other, I do really want less weight... Oh well. I can wish in one hand and crap in the other. One of my hands will fill up.

"Remember: It's always easier to do things the hard way. Chango