Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 01-03-2002, 02:53 PM   #41
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default Re: How can MO be trusted?

Well I'm not calling you sellouts, I'm saying I'm suspicious. I'm not assuming you've done something unscrupulous, but have to consider the possibility of it. Yeah I got in on that last big harley fight, but that's not really the one I was thinking of, and that cruiser shootout doesn't really bother me since I don't like cruisers. I was thinking more of the R1 winning over the GSXR1000. The reasoning of what most people will be able to ride faster or learn more on seems irrelevant in an open class shootout. If you want to steer people towards more intelligent bike choices just come right out and tell them to buy a 600. I thought the choice was a little suspicious because I don't know you or have any particular reason to trust you. That doesn't mean I necessarilly think you took a payoff from Yamaha, but it does mean I consider it a possiblity. What I do know, is that I think that choice was ridiculous, and no I don't own either bike. There are other examples of choices like this, and that doesn't get me very excited to pay money to read them. But it should be noted that I probably wouldn't ever subscribe to something web-based anyway. I already spend too much on just about every mc pub in print except cruiser mags, and I just can't get motivated to pay money for something on line.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2002, 04:54 PM   #42
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: MO goes Subscription

I dunno.

I read your news everyday, but I really couldn't care less about the comparo's or tests that have appeared here.

Call me when you do a 2 stroke/4 stroke enduro shootout biased towards tight eastern woods.

Or how about a comprehensive guide to sneaking dirt bikes past the DMV idiots.

How about comparing the relative ease of obtaining a title for a document-less vehicle in various states?

Or tell me what it's like to ride a Supertracker, top fuel drag bike, Gas Gas 280 Pro, Munch Mammut, or GODDAMMIT SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!!!!

Hell, it's cheap enough. I'll probably subscibe anyway.

Old 01-03-2002, 06:32 PM   #43
christianl
Founding Member

its been nice knowin ya but ill never pay for a web site,i pay for web service and there are just to many free sites out there.you guys must be consulting with the same guys who run ama pro racing cause your both commiting financial suicide.i dont begrudge any man a living but to be honest,you guys are not that good.....godspeed gentlemen!!
christianl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 08:16 PM   #44
michaelmoon
Founding Member

MO Goes SOFT (as in MicroSOFT).

The pay site, I mean. It's looks and acts a little like a Microsoft product. It has that "Put the code out. Let the users debug. Charge them something. Log those cookies."

It seems apparent that Usability is not high on the list of factors. Or perhaps, said differently, if B. Avis finds it easy to use - then it is.

For me, it's a hopeless tangle of java, HTML, and secure transactions. Not entertaining and not beautiful. Keep trying. It'll come.

The LA Times site does so much more so much more simply.

The Italian bike site (OK, so I struggle with the Italian - but I can kind of muddle through) has the bike reviews, motorcycle news in the UK has the rumors...

it's damned hard work to have better content. Just having an attitude may not be enough.

My suggestion: Hire Jay McDaniels and let him add another perspective. B. Avis ain't enough.
Old 01-03-2002, 11:26 PM   #45
wheat
Founding Member

Default Re: Keep the advertisements discreet!

As ads go, the spinning Buell doesn't bother me at all. At least you aren't opening another danged window.

I'd say a tasteful number of such ads is fine. If I bump into five of em while just trying to read some article, then I get grumpy.
wheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 02:49 AM   #46
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default HEY BLIP!!! (Brent)

If you promise to do more stories about racers past and present, I will subscribe. If you don't, I will hunt you down and take my beer back!!!
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 03:06 AM   #47
david_l_sumner
Founding Member

I think paying for the forum for interacting with other bikers is reasonable. I like the comments as much as the content and it's all part the service I'm willing to pay for. Thanks for a cool site.
david_l_sumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 03:13 AM   #48
david_l_sumner
Founding Member

Default Re: How can MO be trusted?

You go boy!
Old 01-04-2002, 03:19 AM   #49
david_l_sumner
Founding Member

Mini,

$12 is a deal. Could you guys weigh the bikes on a real live scale when possible. The reported weight figures seem way out of hand. I can read the alleged specs from the mfg's web site.
Old 01-04-2002, 06:17 AM   #50
Haird
Founding Member

Is it my imagination, or have the proportion of rude and/or inane posts on articles dropped since you started charging for access? Maybe its just too soon to tell.
Haird is offline   Reply With Quote