Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 11-23-2001, 05:30 PM   #21
Gonadius
Founding Member

Default Re: Harlies and sportbikers

I own a sport bike but actually find the Harleys to be better sounding, at least for a given decibel level. The problem is that too many of the "faithful" run open drag pipes and blip the throttle needlessly. My wife and I were in an upscale shopping district tonight, and some dweebs on Harleys with open pipes rolled by, blipping the throttle every couple of seconds. Totally obnoxious and unnecessary.

Wait...I forgot...Harleys can't hold an idle without stalling. Nevermind.
Gonadius is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2001, 05:55 PM   #22
jackbird
Founding Member

Default Nope. Pissing in a wet suit makes your booties stink.

I'll bet you are a judgemental guy who deservedly has no friends. Is that you?
jackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2001, 06:00 PM   #23
jackbird
Founding Member

Default The hell with apologies then. Go have sex with yourself.

I'm going back to not caring about what anyone thinks of me and my trips. You don't like me, or my loud bike, or my quiet bike, and do you know, I don't like you or your trip or your anything, especially your self righteousness.
Old 11-23-2001, 06:11 PM   #24
jackbird
Founding Member

Default What a bunch of humorless self righteous prigs.

I try and inject some much needed levity into this discussion, and the creepos come out of the woodwork at me. Vade! Vade ad Gehemis, you pale shadow imitation human beings! and Doc, you should stick to dogs. I hate doctors anyway. You are so self important. I like lawyers a lot better despite the jokes because they are smart and have a well developed sense of fairness. Vets are the worst of all.
Old 11-24-2001, 04:31 AM   #25
Beethoven
Founding Member

Default Re: The hell with apologies then. Go have sex with yourself

Frankly I agree with you. The self-righteous want to project their image of their community. We wade ankle deep in their dog's excrement - but dogs are socially acceptable. Make noise on your bike and you hurt their self important image of themselves. If I hear a loud bike I figure someone is having fun and I wish I was doing it too. What ever happened to live and let live? I think it died with the rise of community snobishness.
Beethoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 04:37 AM   #26
Beethoven
Founding Member

Default Re: Noise regulations NOT needed!

I couldn't agree more. Too many idiots in cages who couldn't care less. for anyone but themselves. It's enough to make you cry. The a-hole who pulled in front of your friend probably said "I didn't see him" and got off scott free. Send him to jail - murder is murder.
Beethoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 11:16 AM   #27
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Default Re: Noise regulations pending

Are you kidding? When was the last time existing laws got enforced rather than new laws being made?

They never enforce existing laws when brand new laws can be made... which of course won't get enforced...
Old 11-24-2001, 11:22 AM   #28
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Default Re: A Loud Motorcycle is a Safer Motorcycle

Hmmm...

It might be childish... if so, so am I.

I don't ride a Harley, and my bike isn't very loud (unless you really wind it up, and I like that about it) but occasionally I set off a car alarm (which are fooking useless and annoying, and I hate them passionately) and I derive a significant amount of pleasure from it.
Old 11-24-2001, 11:25 AM   #29
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Wouldn't 180 degree "V-Four" be a FLAT four? Methinks mebbe you mean 90 degree.
Old 11-24-2001, 06:03 PM   #30
jimguy00
Founding Member

Not to flame anyone. But what is it about the Harley people and straight pipes?
jimguy00 is offline   Reply With Quote