Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 11-21-2001, 07:37 AM   #21
deweybch
Founding Member

Default Re: Europe gets the goods while we get left left out again.

Europe should never be faulted for receiving bikes before the US (and, consequentley, testing them first). On top of that, they do a great job (MCN) of getting info out on new bikes as soon as they can. They do a quick review, then follow up with a detailed report. Not only that, but they asked us to give feedback as to what 'WE' would like to see when testing the bikes and writing the report. I personally like the fact they get the bikes first. They get to test them first, and therfore any problems that a bike may have will (hopefully) come out way before the bike ever hits the US. This enables us in the US to decide which bike we might want to purchase sooner than if we had to wait for reports from US magazines/websites. I'm looking to buy a VFR next year and I am dying to see reviews on the bike before I do so. These articles also buffer the craving for a new bike as I look for any information on the VFR every day. If I didn't have something to read and look forward to, I think I would go crazy waiting for the bike to show up in the US and then have to wait for the reviews (I watch both videos of the 2002 VFR daily to get my fix!). The only thing I do hate is the fact that we are always on the short end of the stick when it comes to color and sticker choices! Not only that, but the cycle shows in the US don't even compare to the ones overseas. In summary, I applaud MCN for doing such a great job. They get the bikes first, test them, an give us their opinion - which is just that, their opinion. You can (eventually) agree or disagree. The bottom line is, in my book, to get info out on bikes as soon as possible, reguardless of origin. Besides, we do pay ALOT less then them on the purchase of a bike (and the gas that powers them)! So I am perfectley fine waiting a couple of months longer to get the bike knowing I already know something about the bike and KNOWING I'm going to pay alot less than them in just about every category.
deweybch is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2001, 08:47 AM   #22
Miel
Founding Member

haha!

We europeans are allways first when it comes to motorcycles! We rule! But you guys do have a nice site: MO....

Greetz miel
Miel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 08:52 AM   #23
Miel
Founding Member

Well that's why MO sucks, you're always late when it comes to news
Miel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 03:11 PM   #24
elizilla
Founding Member

Ever notice that papers like the Weekly World News and the National Enquirer always get the scoop on the more reputable newspapers? You never read about all those two headed aliens in the New York Times.

elizilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 05:26 PM   #25
LOSTinSPACE
Founding Member

Default Re: Nothing Personal, but I

Mr. Garisson,

suck my balls!

(Just kidding)
LOSTinSPACE is offline   Reply With Quote