Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 11-13-2001, 04:52 PM   #1
RobM
Founding Member

Default Re: Winter, Carnal Urges, and Redlining

How muck snow do you get in Southern California?
RobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2001, 05:13 PM   #2
veefer69
Founding Member

Default Re: sleds

I recently moved to Minnesota and bought a 98 Ski doo MXZ 670. Holy Sh#t does that thing move. Its like a big bore dirt bike on snow. You get huge jumps with snow you know... Anyway, 1 more thing. If the people ever got wind of how you "test" bikes, do you think you would get into any trouble?
veefer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 05:17 PM   #3
ZR-7
Founding Member

Default Get back on target!

Dudes,

You don't have enough time as it is. Why waste what little time that you do have on something other than MOtorcycles? How about more features and test rides on MOtorcycles?!

I like guns, guitars, astronomy, camping and pus_y too. When are you going to cover those topics...?!

Philip

ZR-7
ZR-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 06:23 PM   #4
blip
Founding Member

Default Re: Get back on target!

ZR-7, don't be a buzzkill! Sleds will be fun.

We're hoping to launch our camping (summer) skiing/snowboarding (winter) zine next year. Bicycles first, though.
blip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 07:53 PM   #5
pmmonster
Founding Member

I am sure that ZR-7 was joking but in case you're not, FOCUS. Sleds ARE fun but that's not the point unless you're looking to become snowmobiles.com So, keep focused on (motor)bikes please. You guys could have slipped over to Moto Guzzi Classics in Long Beach for a ride on the 2002 LeMans a few months back and scooped all the major print rags. Heck, I got a good ride on the bike just for having a legit license and asking nicely. If you do write anything about bicycles I expect a good plug for the guys at Beach City Cycles though.
pmmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 10:05 PM   #6
Swimwear_Pete
Founding Member

Default Re: Winter, Carnal Urges, and Redlining

This is great news! I can't wait to read reviews on snowmobiles on this site. It will be a much welcomed addition. I own a 1997 Yamaha Mountain Max 700 with some mods done to it. It is by far the fastest motorized fun toy I have ever had the pleasure to drive.

I also ride motorcycles all the time and have to say that it's very hard for me to pick which is more fun, motorcycling or snowmobiling.

Maybe this site will get updated a little more often. I love this site but can't stand waiting for a week for it to get updated. More content can't hurt, snowmobiles are a great addition to this site.

Canada Kicks Ass!
Swimwear_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 02:57 AM   #7
Lowrez
Founding Member

You'll be setting up a new forum for people that want to setup Beowulf clusters out of old Power Commander boxes any day now, right?
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 03:19 AM   #8
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: 225 HP Revolt

Can't wait until Dr. Tuluie get ahold of that thing.

Old 11-14-2001, 04:07 AM   #9
jamesohoh7
Founding Member

Default Re: 225 HP Revolt

Took the words out of my ... keyboard?...

anyway... yes!.. Tuluie + that motor == WIKKEDDD!!

Man.. it warms my heart to see such awesome development of two-stroke engines still exists, if not in motorcycles, at least it's happening somewhere.

Just imagine how kick-butt 2s bikes could be today if companies were allowed or at least not dis-inscented (pun intended? ) to develop them.. and develop -clean- ones (clean by 4-stroke standards at least).

We'd have 200hp bikes that weighed less than a 600. This -sled- these guys made weighs under 500lbs for goodness sake!.. you know a bike would be MUCH lighter! Of course, squid-deaths would rise and we'd get them taken away... hmmm.

Yeah I know.. I'm dreaming again... I'll wake up soon.

-James

jamesohoh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 04:56 AM   #10
das
Founding Member

I'm with you, ZR-7...

Yeah, if this site was just spilling over with first-class motorcycle content, and they decided to hire on a couple sled jockeys to cover snowmobiles, I'd have no complaint.

But, as it is, the readers are calling for more, and better, MC content. The MO staff reply that they're short on time, money, etc. So, I can only conclude that adding snowmobile coverage with the same staff, money, etc, will merely serve to further degrade the MC content (and that the snowmobile coverage will be lacking, too).

Don't get me wrong... I think snowmobiles are awesome. I've dragraced my bike against one (it had a rubber tread and little wheels in front). We were both running mid-12s. He beat me once, and I beat him twice. The thing launched like a rocket; unsurprising given that it has such a huge contact patch, but he earned my respect.

BTW, I'm with ZR-7 on a few other things, too. I like guns, astronomy, camping, and pus_y, too. Seeing as I'm music-challenged, I leave the guitar stuff to my wife and son, who actually have some talent with 'em.
das is offline   Reply With Quote