Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 11-14-2001, 06:53 AM   #11
RRocket
Founding Member

Default Re: Winter, Carnal Urges, and Redlining

We'll see....the Arctic Cat Thundercat is still King of The Lake. And for the price of the Redlines? Ouch..starting at $13,000 I'm told. For that kind of money, you could make a T-Cat into a 300hp monster easily..
RRocket is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2001, 09:35 AM   #12
Pacer
Founding Member

You people complain to much. Don't try to tell me that you got all you motorcycle news out of one print mag before the internet. Every publication has it's own angle. Even Motorcyclist and Cycleworld, which are close, have different angles. With a couple of clicks you can go to tons of different sites. I do. If MO doesn't give you what you want go away. I am tired of reading all this crap. I love snowmobiles and was interested what poeple had to say, oh well.
Pacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 10:58 AM   #13
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

How about a story telling readers how to swap that 225-horse engine into a Kawasaki Mean Streak chassis? Now we're talkin' power cruiser!
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 11:57 AM   #14
Le_Racer
Founding Member

Default What about the Snowhawk?

Salut!

If your to talk about something that ride on the white stuff, please try to start with something we can relate to.

A YZ 426 is my first choice, but in some deep snow condition, it won't take me very far and on the good snowmobile trails, we're not really welcome, so then I would like a Snowhawk!

Go check it out at : www.adboivin.com/

I'm to do a test ride as soon as there is enough of the white sh*t on the ground, I'll try to let you know how it goes then!

Guy
Le_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 05:17 PM   #15
skater
Founding Member

Calvin's comment "We'll get mauled..." is a large understatement. Having ridden sleds for more than 20 years I can tell you that a sled like the Revlot would probably be a handful for an experienced rider. I started out on a Yamaha 250 cc and when I quit a couple years ago had progressed to Thundercat with a 900 cc triple lightly modified. Now this sled was putting out in the neighbourhood of around 180 hp and it was wild. On my neighbour's 3/8 mile airstrip I could hit 110-120 mph and still shut it down before the end of the runway. Keep in mind that this is on snow(In my area they run pavement drags at the local dragstrip and production sleds with light mods can run low tens in the 1/4!). My sled was a production sled that would not be anywhere near as light as the weapon that is shown in the picture. I dare say that the Revlot would probably have the skis hanging in the air anytime the throttle flipper was provoked. For anyone who has not ridden a snowmobile you couldn't believe how well a track that has a contact patch that is 15" wide and over 36" long and lugs over an inch deep can effectively channel that much horsepower down to snow. Even though snow is slippery with the right snow conditions you can find a lot of traction and when mixed with large amounts of horsepower can get you in trouble in a big hurry.

That being said I must also agree with Plummer;

"with 225 horsepower, it will be glorious!."
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 06:04 AM   #16
borgNSR
Founding Member

Default Wow! Now you are talking...

That looks like one cool ride. I wonder if the sidestand will work better in the snow than my motorcycle one does in the grass. No matter, I think I'd ride it until I crashed it, and probably then wouldn't have the energy to pick it up.

The snowhawk brings up an interesting question: will a snowmobile with one ski in front lean into corners in the "natural" way, ie. countersteering, or are you going to have to muscle it?

160 kg and 70 hp? Enough?

borgNSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 10:24 AM   #17
BWolfe
Founding Member

Default Re: What about the Snowhawk?

I just received my Snowhawk dealer promo packet today. I'm setting aside some special time to watch the video tonight...

--

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe

Senior Support Engineer, Macromedia

Techno Balancer
BWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 10:50 AM   #18
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default 225hp ultralight snowmobile

ahh a big-bore 2stroke, with high horsepower, light weight, easy starting and their ease of maintenance...doesn't it just make you sick? By the way, don't ever put that engine on a motorcycle.

Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 11:13 AM   #19
RRocket
Founding Member

Well perhaps your T-Cat is more than stock? The fastest time EVER recorded for a stock T-Cat (and it was a 1000cc) was 117 MPH. The T-Cat speedos are notoriously inaccurate. I've seen 135 showing....I still think the T-Cat is the king. Yeo they make 177 stock. With pipes, 220 is not uncommon. And they don't cost $13,000 either.
RRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2001, 06:47 AM   #20
borgNSR
Founding Member

Default Re: What about the Snowhawk?

So? Does it lean? Does it carve? Does it kick ass?
borgNSR is offline   Reply With Quote