Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 11-02-2000, 07:09 PM   #11
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Default Re: Electric Bicycles: Whimpy or Cool?

The Police Department at San Francisco State University took delivery of some ZAP bicycles this week.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2000, 08:11 PM   #12
lanesplitter
Founding Member

Easy worm,I wasnt making a harley joke.I was making an electric bicycle joke.

lanesplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2000, 05:31 PM   #13
devil_clown
Founding Member

Default Re: Outta shape?

After reading that I agreed and tried to order one. Bad news for me. No optional bannana seat, no cards in the spokes and no little bell to ring. "Police and Walmart security bells only" was what I was told. Doesn't even come standard with tassles on the handle bars. Screw it, I'll walk.

Devil Clown
devil_clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2000, 05:40 PM   #14
devil_clown
Founding Member

Default Re: Electric Bike = Wimpy

**Ring-Ring!!** "Pull OVA!!" *Ring-ring!** "Pull Ova!!" **Ring-ring!!** Ha-ha-ha!! Cops on these things. Pfffft!! I advocate running from any and all authority figures whether Police or Walmart security on these things. It's a sad day when Mall Security with their toyota trucks and yellow flashing light are more of a threatening, cooler authority figure than the Police. God help them if the K-9 units get called into action with these things. Mush Lassy!! Mush!!

Devil Clown
Old 11-07-2000, 09:34 PM   #15
devil_clown
Founding Member

Default Campus Police?

One step away from guarding a Taco Cabana right? One more question wrong on the 20 question test and they're watching taco fights at 4 in the morning. Fear must have overtaken San Fran that day. Pffft.

Devil Clown
Old 03-26-2001, 04:10 AM   #16
gaite
Founding Member

I have found that several electric assist bicycles are a little bit underpowered. We built a fully electric bicycle, www.econvergence.net/emb.htm, that really has some zip. It goes to show that one can design an electric bicycle with top speeds in excess of 30 mph and fantastic acceleration.

Bill
gaite is offline   Reply With Quote