Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO vs. World (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/)
-   -   New Streetbike Emissions (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/856-new-streetbike-emissions.html)

vmxxx 09-26-2001 05:58 AM

Re: Aftermarket Pipes & Other Mods

Christie Whitman....she was a fool in NJ now she's going national.....NJ has the most absurd laws regarding motor vehicles I have ever known...thanks Christie....thanks again....YOU SUCK..

vmxxx 09-26-2001 06:20 AM

Re: New Streetbike Emissions

All the ones that pull out in your path, give you the finger and blame you for almost being killed. The same ones to whom "off-road" means driving through the neighbors flower garden on the way to the golf course. I hate em!!!! Why do we need a 3/4 ton 4x4 to go grocery shopping...what in the hell are we buying???? Lets do away with the SUV and legislate manditory ownership of at least one motorcycle to be used per household. Hey Christie, just try to get the pipes off my bike and see what happens....you're a fool, Whitman, always were always will be!

cbrxr 09-26-2001 06:41 AM

If you can pull back and read your post as if someone else had written it, you would see its hypocrisy. So you're saying, it's OK for you to want to enjoy your form of recreation (motorcycles), but those who drive SUV's can't? The whole point is that we should not be regulated because of our chosen form of transportation and/or recreation. Even with all the SUV's out there, pollution in the US is at its lowest level in 20 years.

aminalmutha 09-26-2001 08:14 AM

Prove it... :)

vmxxx 09-26-2001 08:16 AM

simply put, the more fuel you burn (and we all know how much the suv's burn) the more pollution you create. If you use your suv for its INTENDED purpose...ie off roading, hunting, hauling, so be it...good for you. If you buy one of these monsters just to keep up with the jonses down the block, well, you're contributing to the pullution just for the sake of looking cool. I didn't realize one needed to have a 5000lb,10mpg truck to go food shopping. SUV's aren't the problem here, How 'bout the state owned transit busses that spew out black smoke? Or the 18 wheelers? I will agree our pollution has been better in the last few years, despite the SUV. There's a lot to look at over and above our bikes here. Just Christies way of legislating our choosen forms of recreation.

I chose to flame the SUV mainly because I'm sick of seeing people driving such large vehicles with no real justification. Plus I was almost KILLED 2 days ago by a Soccer Mom in an Expedition who could barely see over the dashboard and could not control the monster truck she had to have. She promptly gave me the finger as I picked up my beloved bike. Just another SUV horror story.

If you own one sorry.

stevegrab 09-26-2001 08:49 AM

Are you even a motorcyclist? Because you don't sound like one.

Why not go after other vehicles, nobody needs an Expedition, or any large SUV for that matter.

Sure my motorcycles may just be for recreation, but why should that matter? I'm all for cleaning up the environment, but that's not what the EPA is doing in this case, they're just picking on a small group that is easy to pick on. The reason is because so few people ride, and the general public already sees us as trouble.

You know, generating electricity from dirty coal is vital to the economy too, but they've tried to clean that up.

redcld 09-26-2001 09:25 AM

Well, All I can say is, after we take care of the Terrorists.. The EPA bureacrats should be next... Besides, I thought we got rid of the Facists in WWII.....

aminalmutha 09-26-2001 09:43 AM

Re: Aftermarket Pipes & Other Mods

I don't know about NJ vehicle laws, but I'm sure California ranks up there if not tops NJ. You know about the '49 state legal' vehicles? Well guess which state is the one that has the more strict smog laws. And the laws aren't even universal through out the state. Some areas now require (actually for a couple years now I think) vehicles to be smog tested on a dynamometer to simulate 'real world' driving. It's really getting out of hand.

aminalmutha 09-26-2001 10:08 AM

Hey, why don't we just send in the EPA beaurocrats to find bin Laden? Make 'em give him a lecture on pollution, and he'd probably do himself in. Then leave the beaurocrats in Afghanistan. Talk about killing two birds w/ one stone.

aminalmutha 09-26-2001 10:11 AM

Well, I hope we all don't end up living in vans down by the river.