Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 09-12-2001, 09:24 AM   #1
MNRon
Founding Member

Default Re: Post-attack Motorcycle Updates

Let's keep things in perspective and focus on getting our country back and strong. With all that has happened, a couple of "events" that don't happen just doesn't seem to be all that important. However, when I ride I will always feel good about living in this great country of ours.

God bless, and God speed!!!!

MNRon is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2001, 09:28 AM   #2
tbuse
Founding Member

We all grieve for those who have been lost and their families. However, we cannot let the country come to a halt. If so, we let the bastards win. While the athletes, the promoters and other performers will compete in sadness and with a heavy heart, we need to show that the actions of cowardly jackals will not bring the country to its knees.
tbuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 10:15 AM   #3
starvingstudent
Founding Member

I think that law courts and governmental institutions and such should continue to function, to show that America hasn't been brought to its knees. But I can't imagine watching an NFL football game or Superbike race right now, not to mention participating in one. Let simple recreation wait for a bit.

My thoughts and prayers with the dead and their families.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 10:22 AM   #4
wwalkersd
Founding Member

I think the current transportation embargo has a lot to do with the cancellation of these events as well. If both participants and spectators can't get flights to event sites, what's the point of holding the event, whether or not you consider it appropriate to do so?
wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 11:01 AM   #5
aminalmutha
Founding Member

There is a time for everything, and right now is a time for mourning. The country can't come to a halt, but I think it's appropriate that certain things be postponed. Soon, we will be rebuilding and punishing, and eventually, I believe, this country will be stronger than it ever was. We will get through this. But now we should all pray for those involved.
aminalmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 11:47 AM   #6
jedi11
Founding Member

How encouraging it is to see such overwhelming support and constructive commentary from people all over the world (in spite of the cruel and sorely misguided actions of the {ir}responsible individuals).

As so many have already expressed: sincere and heartfelt sympathy to those who have lost loved ones.
jedi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 12:05 AM   #7
BammBamm
Founding Member

Go out and take a ride for those who will never ride again. Celebrate the fact that you are free to ride, and never take it for granted.
BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 02:12 AM   #8
LongWayHome
Founding Member

You could not have said it any better.
LongWayHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 03:10 AM   #9
teapotdome
Registered Member

Amen.
teapotdome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 03:16 AM   #10
LimeSqueezr
Founding Member

Default YES remember all this was made possible by...

a government that treats women like subhuman slaves and tells men how often they must pray and to whom, how they must wear their hair and their beard, what kind of music they can listen to etc etc etc. People there are imprisoned or even put to death for doing things we consider cherished freedoms like worshiping God in our own way or reading or writing any book we like or getting on our bikes and going wherever we like at any time we like. It's time we stopped to appreciate those freedoms, AND face the fact that once in awhile it becomes obvious we must export freedom to others by *overwhelming and unlimited use of all our resources* in order to ensure that we keep it ourselves. When we've tried to do anything less, we've failed miserably and spilled much of our own blood for naught. Let's remember that!
LimeSqueezr is offline   Reply With Quote