Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 09-13-2001, 01:48 PM   #41
hondachop
Founding Member

Default Re: God bless America

Like everyone else with television and a soul, my sympathies and heartfelt condolences go out to all those affected by the attack. I live in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada, where we unexpectedly received over thirty international flights on Tuesday. Over 6000 people had to sleep in the university gym, the civic centre, and various other make-shift accomodations for the last two days. Obviously, the inconvenience to travellers does not compare to the suffering of the victims in NY and DC, but it is an illustration of how far away the effects are being felt.

I admit that I am a little concerned by calls to 'strike quickly, spare none'. I'm all for punishing those responsible, and no punishment could be too great, but I think to 'strike accurately, spare the innocent' might be a better goal. I hope the Western world does not sink to the level of the perpetrators by spilling innocent blood in a vengeful fury.

Peace and love,

Paul
hondachop is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2001, 03:51 PM   #42
Gravestone
Founding Member

I agree we need to strike as accurately as possible. I do not want my country, my friends, my children to become anything like the bastards that planned and carried out these murders. I would like the USA to fight terrorism in all its forms, anywhere it happens, but as expensive and difficult as it is, I would prefer we continue to try to limit civilian casualties and only attack the terrorists and their protectors (backers).

Gravestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 05:55 PM   #43
Deissman76
Founding Member

These past few days i have been outraged and in absolute shock. Taking a step back though and reading others messages really helped me calm down and made me realize through the E-mails of non U.S citizens that America isn't always viewed as " the bad guy " even though heartless people in palestine were celebrating. I pray for all the victims.

God bless.
Deissman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 02:44 AM   #44
VR1000racer
Founding Member

Default Re: God Bless America

I am still in tears over this. We have lost propably 10,000 members of our family.

I am ex US NAVY. I am from, and now live in Ozark, Missouri.

My wife is a Jewish girl from NY, having grown up and spent the first 24 years of her life in the Dykman street projects at the foot of the GW bridge in the Bronx. We visit there every year between Christmas and New year. we were at the trade center for the Y2K hoopla.

Suddenly, those cheesy touristy pictures of our family of 5 at the tower observation deck have taken on a whole new signfigance.

All I really have to say is that we have an opertunity to end terrorism on this entire planet.

This was no act of a religous person. No religion on this earth condones any of the acts of evil perpetrated against other humans, reardless of the brand of faith they profess.

This was the act of cowards that are trying to advance some personal agenda using religous beleifs to try and lend some form of legitimacy to acts of evil.

George W. Needs to declare war on all of these terrorist bastards and any that harbor them.

Make the price of terrorism and the price of harboring this evil so high that no one can suffer its burden.

We need to wage a war on them that is so utterly brutal and horrifying in it's inhumanity and totality that the entire world reels in shock at what consequences these few bastards have unleashed.

And then simply state that terrorism against any target or nation will not be tolerated in any form and this will be the consequece suffered by all whom aid and abet these actions.

We can do it, and the price will be high, but I don't know a single American that isn't willing to pay the ultimate price to end this forever. And we have to do this, because if we don't, the price will go higher.

It is our government's ultimate job to protect and defend the people of the United States.

If you doubt anything here, think of the Americans that fought to take over the plane and crash it into a field in Pennsylvania rather than allow the highjackers to complete their hellish act of destruction. I don't know a single American in the world that would not gladly trade places with these hero's, even after the fact of their deaths.

For that is ultimatly what America is about. A land of people where the strong will give it all up in order to protect the weak from the evil.

The hero's of flight 73? and all who have helped everywhere in this darkest hour prove it.

George W. Do the right thing, and to hell with all whom oppose it.

God bless America and all that she stands for.

Mark Lewellen

VR1000racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 02:56 AM   #45
hoyt
Founding Member

Default Re: We remember that this hasn't been your only trial.

This was written by the Canadian Journalist Gordon Sinclair. It sums up my views on your country better than I could have myself. All I have been able to do until now is give blood.

America: The Good Neighbor.

Widespread but only partial news coverage was given

recently to a remarkable editorial broadcast from

Toronto by Gordon Sinclair, a Canadian television

commentator. What follows is the full text of his

trenchant remarks as printed in the Congressional

Record:

"This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the

Americans as the most generous and possibly the least

appreciated people on all the earth.

Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and

Italy were lifted out of the debris of war by the

Americans who poured in billions of dollars and

forgave other billions in debts. None of these

countries is today paying even the interest on its

remaining debts to the United States.

When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956,

it was the Americans who propped it up, and their

reward was to be insulted and swindled on the streets

of Paris. I was there. I saw it.

When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the

United States that hurries in to help. This spring, 59

American communities were flattened by tornadoes.

Nobody helped.

The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped

billions of dollars into discouraged countries. Now

newspapers in those countries are writing about the

decadent, warmongering Americans.

I'd like to see just one of those countries that

is gloating over the erosion of the United States

dollar build its own airplane. Does any other country

in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo

Jet, the Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10?

If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all the

International lines except Russia fly American Planes?

Why does no other land on earth even consider putting

a man or woman on the moon? You talk about Japanese

technocracy, and you get radios. You talk about German

technocracy, and you get automobiles.

You talk about American technocracy, and you find

men on the moon - not once, but several times -

and safely home again.

You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirs

right in the store window for everybody to look at.

Even their draft-dodgers are not pursued and hounded.

They are here on our streets, and most of them, unless

they are breaking Canadian laws, are getting American

dollars from ma and pa at home to spend here.

When the railways of France, Germany and India

were breaking down through age, it was the Americans

who rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and

the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an

old caboose. Both are still broke.

I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced

to the help of other people in trouble. Can you name

me even one time when someone else raced to the

Americans in trouble? I don't think there was outside

help even during the San Francisco earthquake.

Our neighbors have faced it alone, and I'm one

Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them get

kicked around. They will come out of this thing with

their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled

to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating

over their present troubles. I hope Canada is not one

of those."

Stand proud, America!

This is one of the best editorials that I have ever

read regarding the United States. It is nice that

one man realizes it. I only wish that the rest of the

world would realize it. We are always blamed for

everything, and never even get a thank you for the

things we do.

hoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 04:06 AM   #46
cbusa
Founding Member

"We need to wage a war on them that is so utterly brutal and horrifying in it's inhumanity and totality that the entire world reels in shock at what consequences these few bastards have unleashed. "

Take a Valium or 2
cbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 05:25 AM   #47
hindle
Founding Member

There are many things that have and will come out of this horrible event. America may have been the soil on which this attack took place but men and women from many other countries lost their lives in the towers last Tuesday. I wonder if the attackers took this into account? They didn't just kill Americans. They killed people from Europe and some of there own contry men that left home to escape such insanity. Ironic isn't it? There are many arabic people that have come to America to escape the insane terroisim and belief's in there homeland. Yet, in the very land they escape to they end up being apart of the most violent act of terrisim the world has ever seen. Does it get anymore ironic? It seems though that in this terrible attack on man kind they terroists may have united the world in fighting against this terrosim. Not a good thing for the terroists that committed and planned this attack.

We live in an amazing and confusing world. There is no understanding the people that hate us so much. They have proved time and time again that they are willing to commit suicide and take as many people with them as possible. Do not attempt to understand why they see us as the supports of all that is evil. It's a waste of time. They do not fear us and all they want out of life is to see us suffer. I don't know what the answer is to this problem. Sure we can fly over and drop bombs on them and basically turn there country into a parking lot but that won't kill them all and it will only generate a new found hatred for us and no doubt in another 50 years the same thing will happen again. Maybe there is nothing we can do but try and find the people responsible and deal with them. More will come that much is for sure. There is nothing we can do to the people responsible to make an example out of them. It will only generate more of them.
hindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 06:24 AM   #48
jackbird
Founding Member

The perpetrators will find that because America has been sanctuary for the whole world, America has family all over the world, and that the whole world is against them.

Afghanistan is the hardest place to go fight. These are the hardest kinds of opponents to have. The suicide pilots even came and stayed here while they learned flying skills. For them to see what we were like, and still hate us enough to do what they did, surpasses understanding.

I would ask that God Bless America too.
jackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 08:12 AM   #49
zx6r-squid
Founding Member

I second that. It is similar to idiots throwing rocks at a grizzly, then, realizing that does not provoke him enough, going up and kicking it in the balls.

I wish that the enemy was as clearly defined and located now as it was in 1941.

Also, hats off to all of the volunteers who are working tirelessly in that abyss to try to save any survivors. They are true heros and patriots.
zx6r-squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 11:10 AM   #50
sfcrotty
Founding Member

Default Sinclair editorial does more harm than good

As an US citizen, I implore other US citizens to be careful when circulating and rejoicing in this .

Sinclair's editorial was broadcast in 1973 in response to the public drubbing that the United States received just after it announced its withdrawal from the war in Vietnam.

With a few obvious exceptions, I've heard nothing but loud, warm support for the U.S. from the world this week. I'm as proud to be an American as can be, and I don't want to step on anyone's pride in country. But for me, quoting Sinclair at this time smacks of self-congratulation and ingratitude.

I'd like to offer a simple "Thank you" to everyone who is standing by the U.S. in its time of crisis. Your voices are heard and greatly appreciated.

Cameron
sfcrotty is offline   Reply With Quote