Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 09-12-2001, 05:38 PM   #31
albymangled
Founding Member

Default Re: God Bless America

here in australia we too sat and stared at the tv in total disbelief. it really took me aback to see images we would ordinarily find in a movie and know that it was for real.

watching these ......i dont really know what adjectives to use ....scenes unfold live before my eyes i was/am just so shocked, disgusted, horrified by the depravity of some so called human beings.

i dont know what the immediate repurcussions will be. i hope the perpertrators of these despicable acts are quickly brought to task for their actions.

as i sit here typing we are watching fox news and they are saying there is at this moment an evacuation of the empire state building.

the events of the last few days have certainly not made me proud to be counted in the same species as those who commit these despicable crimes.

to all those directly involved, please accept the condolences and best wishes of just one bloke from 10000 miles away.

i know america will bounce back and i can only hope that these terrible events will be the catalyst for some real action in ending the misery of terrorism worldwide.

albymangled
albymangled is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2001, 06:00 PM   #32
Shaft
Founding Member

quit trying so hard to be a deeply concerned citizen... what kind of is "this isn't the time or the place." You are a moron.

No, baldmtn, haven't heard of any crazy gas prices here in Seattle.

Just ignore the dumb, friendless, unimportant people like redshift42 who have to act like ****heads to make themselves feel important.
Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 02:15 AM   #33
kenugly
Founding Member

Doesn't it make you wonder why on earth would you whack a hornets nest the size of America. I wouldn't like to be in their shoes right about now, just crazy
kenugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 03:12 AM   #34
scrooble
Founding Member

The scale of the disaster didn't just rock america - it rocked the whole world. I live in australia and I saw the first news coverage as it happened - and I was shaking and freaking out about it myself. Everyone I talked to was shocked as well, and all out thoughts are with the families that lost their loved ones. I hope at the end of this the people responsible are caught, and I hope the world will pull together and stop this from happening again - in any part of the world.
scrooble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 06:02 AM   #35
Spinetingler
Founding Member

Default God Bless America and Thanks to all

I'm glad to see the outpouring on this web page concerning Americans. Please give blood and contribute any way you can. I had a business trip in NY on Tuesday and ran into horror. I was lucky in that I was miles away, but could see the devastation. The television confirmed it.

My heart and prayers go out to New Yorkers and the firemen and police officers of NYC. These are a tough and resilient people. Many gave their lives in the face of certain death. In my office building, many wanted to know how to help the victims and one another. EVERYONE IN THE NY OFFICE KNEW SOMEONE WHO WORKED NEAR OR AROUND THE WORLD TRADE CENTER. It was a stressing and unimagineable time. Please pray for the rescue effort and for life to be saved. Please contribute to our country.

God Bless America - This country will survive this and come back stronger. Please support us by flying an American flag - even you in foreign countries. This horror will not stop until the World takes a stand against terrorism.
Spinetingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 08:44 AM   #36
BuzzBoxer
Founding Member

I've been just sick about this since I saw the first images on the net Tuesday morning. From my vantage point up here in Ottawa, Canada, it does my heart good to see how quickly the whole of the civilized world is rushing to lend its moral and physical support to the good ol' U.S. of A. Nine of the ten people in my office have given blood and we're all eager to do more.

When push comes to shove, America has more friends in the world than any other nation on Earth. We're pulling for you and know that in the end America will stand prouder and stronger than ever.

God bless, indeed.
BuzzBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 09:13 AM   #37
thumper125
Founding Member

Default Re: God Bless The World

I guess what you said here is true but I feel that no single act of terrorism in India except maybe the Bombay bomb blasts come close to this . But as you said the overall toll of terrorism in India is horrific. I guess we have lived in a corner of the world forgotten by the media.All the same no words can be strong enough to condemn the horrific act at the WTC.
thumper125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 10:10 AM   #38
bryantdouglas
Founding Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you Canada. I've been hearing stories from friends in the aviation industry about how much Canada has done for us this week. Not just moral support (which is vital and appreciated) but action. Logistical support with airports and countless other things, too many to name here.

We are very lucky to have such good neighbors and allies to the north and south, both. Kudos to Mexico for helping us temporarily shut down the border as well. God knows what other catastrophes have been averted thanks to both Canada and Mexico.

Obviously, international teamwork is what it is going to take to address terrorism.

bryantdouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 11:03 AM   #39
dirtwing
Founding Member

It was Admiral Yamamoto who said something to the effect of, "I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant and filled it with a terrible resolve." He was also the architect of the surprise attack. He didn't survive the war.
dirtwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 12:22 PM   #40
MartialStax
Founding Member

>quit trying so hard to be a deeply concerned citizen... what kind of is "this isn't the time or the place." You are a moron.

>

>No, baldmtn, haven't heard of any crazy gas prices here in >Seattle.

>

>Just ignore the dumb, friendless, unimportant people like redshift42 who have to act like ****heads to make themselves feel important.

What are trying to do? Start a flame war? Who's being the ****head? Who's trying to make themselves feel important? I wouldn't even have bothered to reply to this, but I'm from Seattle, too, and you're making us look bad.

I was going to say more, but you know what? This isn't the time or place for it.

Mike
MartialStax is offline   Reply With Quote