Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 09-12-2001, 06:54 AM   #21
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: God Bless America & AMA WILLOW ROUND CANCELLED

I agree with the majority of the posts here, let's not jump to conclusions about who is responsible. (I recall doing that with the Ok City bombing, then being in total shock and disbelief, not to mention disgust, when I heard that Americans were responsible.) And even if it does turn out to be an Arab or Islamic faction (Osama bin Laden), don't attempt to take action yourself against those who live in this country that are Arab, Islamic, or otherwise fit the "mold". It is highly unlikely that they had anything to do with it, and they're probably just as shocked and appalled as the rest of us.

Also, on a MC realted noted, I just read on a couple other sites that the AMA Superbike round at Willow Springs scheduled for this weekend has been postponed until further notice. You can read the full AMA press release at the address below

http://www.amaproracing.com/releases/r01117.asp
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2001, 07:05 AM   #22
baldmtn
Founding Member

Default Re: God Bless America

Have been hearing about gas prices going through the roof in some states -- with some areas paying as much as $9 a gallon!!!!

What is going on where you are???

baldmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 07:35 AM   #23
RedShift42
Founding Member

That's incidental, baldmtn.

This isn't the time or the place.

>Have been hearing about gas prices going through the roof in some states -- with some areas paying as much as $9 a gallon!!!! What is going on where you are??? <
RedShift42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 07:45 AM   #24
fernandopan
Founding Member

The world will never be the same again after this tragedy, only after some time we will be able to understand what happened and why it happened. Everyone I talked with, here in Brazil, is very shocked and some seems not to believe. Even those who disagree with the US policy, mainly about ecology and external issues, are extremely shocked because innocent and good people died.

I just can't imagine how hard this attack was for the American people, and I really hope this doesn't happen again and the world remains in peace.

fernandopan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 08:02 AM   #25
putz
Founding Member

Thank you for your kind words. I think not only America, but all the the free nations on this earth need to stand together. I have found that most people I know in the motorclycing community feel the same. Strike swiftly and spare none. God Bless.

Erik
putz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 08:09 AM   #26
shash_what
Founding Member

Default God Bless The World

The whole world watches in a state of shock...... though it may not be the appropriate time to bring this up, but here in India, we have been living through this since the last quarter century. The total loss of life is phenomenal as compared to this. People here in India, along with a cry of contempt, are breathing a sigh of hope that now the world's strongest country will take active participation in our fight for peace. The whole world's heart bleeds for the victims and their families. The ones who did this will pay for it with more than their lives.
shash_what is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 08:14 AM   #27
heart-of-sword
Founding Member

This is a very tragic incident, it will change our lives forever. Even though I'm not American, I'm living in LA. And seeing things that you usually saw on Hollywood movies makes it hard for me to believe that such horrendous thing could happen to the real world. My deepest condolences to all the people who has been hurt in this incident. Lets try to keep an open mind.
heart-of-sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 08:26 AM   #28
tbuse
Founding Member

I sat up half the night, flipping between the channels, watching the devistation in New York and DC. While not a fan of President Bush, I was impressed by his speech. I was also encouraged by the statement made by former President Clinton that we should forget our political differences and support Bush during this difficult time. The statements of world leaders from around the world were encouraging too. I agree with many that we should not jump to conclusions. A plot this large will leave clues. We should not say it was the "Arabs" and lump them all together. Even a cursory look at this tragedy shows that it will severely hurt the Palastinian cause. However, once the investigation is done, the sub-humans who committed this crime against humanity identified, action should be taken to insure that no person, no group, no country ever contemplates such an action in the future. I believe it was Tojo, the Japanese general who said after Pearl Harbor "I am afraid we have but wakened a sleeping giant." And, not to be trite, I keep thinking of the song by "I get knocked down, but I get up again. You'll never, ever keep me down." To the people of New York & DC, we'll do whatever we can to help you back up again.
tbuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 09:22 AM   #29
Yamahanian
Founding Member

Default Re: That Doesn't Explain State-Supported Terrorism

I take your point about not condemming entire societies and/or regligions, and agree with it. However, it does appear to many Americans that a significant portion of the Arab/Islamic community is quite happy to see us bleed. Countries such as Iran, Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan apparently harbor and support terrorist groups. I for one certainly hope that the leaders of the country(s) who funded, harbored and/or supported these bastards are taken down with the terrorist group themselves.

Yamahanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2001, 09:55 AM   #30
granny
Founding Member

If we are "unconciously dropping coins into the enemy's collection can" at all, it is on account of our "cocaine-snorting soirees" rather than our "gas-guzzling SUVs".
granny is offline   Reply With Quote