Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 08-14-2001, 07:58 AM   #11
minime
Founding Member

Default Re: Monday Mundane Humor

Both, actually.
minime is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2001, 09:50 AM   #12
markszrz
Founding Member

Sooo.... Will a V-Max be part of the test???
markszrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 11:53 AM   #13
hawker
Founding Member

super motard SuperMotard

SUPERMOTARD COMPAROOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 04:03 AM   #14
lazy1
Founding Member

yeah!!! i am SO down with this super motard

thing....looks like big fun.
lazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 04:36 AM   #15
weak_link
Founding Member

Where are you going to find enough bikes to do a supermotard comparo? Maybe ktm will foat a dukeII but good luck getting a test bike out of VOR or someone like that. I'd love to see it though. Realistically though, how many of us would spend 9 large for a Supermotard??
weak_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 05:33 AM   #16
ken51
Founding Member

I think we have to keep in mind that one joke doesn't necessarily fit everyone. Though the content is reasonably creative, the punch line could be stronger. Another thing to consider when thinking of telling a joke, is that some are more skilled at getting jokes while others will never get a clue, choose your battles wisely or you shall be the fool suffered. It takes pure raw talent to tell a joke with good comic timing and inflection and those of you that are good at it know who you are. While this joke was a good "all-rounder", there will be some that feel it could use maybe a bit more off-color humor, perhaps? I realize it's hard to design jokes that are everything to everyone, and unfortunately, those types generally include references to bodily fluids or the violent destruction of small animals. So while I enjoyed this joke, I don't feel I could get much of a laugh from my co-workers, especially those that think I already have too much time on my hands. But believe me, that's more of a reflection on my co-workers than it is on the joke. More coffee anyone? I'm buying...
ken51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 08:06 AM   #17
vee4pilot
Founding Member

Coffee is good......that some mountain dew and a snickers bar......just ride!
vee4pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 08:42 AM   #18
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Ever hear this one...

A cowboy goes into a blacksmith's shop. The blacksmith has just finished pounding out some horseshoes, and warns the cowboy that they're hot. The cowboy looks at the horseshoes for a while, inspecting their quality, and eventually forgets the warning. He picks one up, but with a sharp sizzling sound, drops it right back on the table.

"Ya burned yourself, didn't ya?" says the blacksmith smugly.

"Nope. It just doesn't take me long to look at a horseshoe."
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 09:36 AM   #19
fjbill
Founding Member

Default Re: Racist Humor

Didn't know the British are a race.

Maybe that's why the Isle of Mann TT is so big!
fjbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 09:40 AM   #20
ken51
Founding Member

A shepherd is watching over his vast flock when he sees a dust cloud on the horizon. He watches as the vehicle gets closer. Finally, a guy in a Range Rover pulls up to the shepherd and says, "If I can guess how many sheep you have in your flock, may I have one?" The shepherd, thinking this an impossible task says, "Sure, why not?" So the guy in the Range Rover, using a mobile fax, GPS, satellite photos and other gadgetry finally says, "You have 1,534 sheep in your flock." "Wow!" the shepherd says, "thatÂ’s pretty good, youÂ’re right!" After a bit of a pause, the shepherd asks, "If I can guess your job, can I have my sheep back?" The range rover guy says, "Sure, why not?" So the shepherd states, "I do believe youÂ’re a consultant." "Wow! You are also correct. May I ask how you know?" "Well," the shepherd says, "You showed up out of nowhere when nobody asked you to come, you told me the answer to something I already knew and you donÂ’t know my business at all because you didnÂ’t actually take one of my sheep. Now, may I have my dog back?"
ken51 is offline   Reply With Quote