Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 08-09-2001, 12:31 PM   #171
ngall
Founding Member

Default Re: 2-speed tranny? Then it would be called...

Oh, yeah, automatics in sports cars are super lame.
ngall is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2001, 05:02 PM   #172
LimeSqueezr
Founding Member

Default Yeah I know you're a very well-read guy...

you've obviously spent the last 12 years reading all the message boards and newsgroups frequented by Honda fans like yourself.
LimeSqueezr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 05:17 PM   #173
LimeSqueezr
Founding Member

Default Is that your final answer?

Sorry, 2-spd slushbox is correct. Check their website at www.bosshoss.com
LimeSqueezr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 06:37 PM   #174
doohan
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda vs. Hardley

I was not talking about Honda having a mechanical problem. Get with the program and work on your reading comprehension. Look at the weight, HP and torque stats on the other muscle cruisers and compare them to the VTX. If you don't think that spells trouble for the VTX your fooling yourself. And don't give me any of that crap about being anti Japenese. I own 2 Honda's and Yamaha..thats right not a Harley in sight for me. It's just plain facts right there on the paper for you to see. Open your eyes...listen and learn!
doohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 07:44 PM   #175
Grampi
Founding Member

Default Re: You are a riot . . .

Taunt away. Most Harley owners can handle the truth, but with others, it just seems to get your dander up. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to finish installing the Cosworth engine in my '66 Bel-Air to make it a full fledged Indy car.
Grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 05:41 AM   #176
slimy_one
Founding Member

Default Re: No I didn't categorize VTX owners as stupid...

I made it clear that if you're happy with it then you did NOT do anything dumb, you made the RIGHT choice for you. The first 5 of the top 10 rules for buying a bike are "Get what YOU like!" You only made a dumb choice if you bought the bike and then feel so insecure about your decision that you have to put other brands down, and especially if what you say to put them down is just plain dumb in and of itself. You sound like you're more tolerant of other people's choices than that, so I don't think you're "stupid" even though you do respond to messages without really reading what they are actually saying (I've been know to do that myself).

If you *enjoy* your 1795cc Honda as much as I enjoyed the old 100cc Honda that was my very first bike, then you made a helluva good choice! But I only paid $300 for mine
slimy_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 09:39 AM   #177
VMAXEDOUT
Founding Member

Default Re: Open Cruisers Found on Dyno

Why even include the Vmax in this comparison? It is not nor will it ever be in the same class as these heavy Harley wanna be's or even a Harley. To even put it in the same class as a Harley is an insult to the bike. A Vmax is in a class of it's own...not a sport bike not a cruiser...it's a muscle bike through and through and needs no further explanition. The Max is and will be he KING of all powercruisers and that's that! They IMHO will be redesigning the max soon and we will all be in for a shock......as for now, I will keep my 135hp max (not stock config) untill something better ccomes my way....I won't hold my breath. BTW the addition of aftermarket pipes and the removal of certin other pieces will greatly reduce Mr. Max's weight and performance. To see 145hp is not unheard of....neither is a sub 8 sec. 1/4 mile...just need to know what to modify and have the balls to hurl it down the track. I am not saying the above bikes aren't capeable of these numbers just that the Vmax is aptly suited for extreme amounts of power and tourque. It's 15+ year production is a testament to it's muscle
VMAXEDOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 08:49 AM   #178
fourstroke
Founding Member

Default Re: Open Cruisers Found on Dyno

Glad to see Harley's in the game.I've been a Vmax fan since my first ride,still am. fourstroke

fourstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 05:58 PM   #179
v-rodder
Registered Member

Default Re: VTX beaten by V-Rod, dream on

Has any one even read the review of the V-Rod on this web site? They state that the V-Rod beats a VTX period, end of discussion. Since they have ridden both and I have not, I have to give them the benefit of the doubt. I know that the V-Rod's TQ is not as high as the VTX, but 160 pounds is still 160 pounds heavier. And the VTX is one heavy mother.

Also I strongly believe that the major tell tale sign of overall quality can be found in as simple a thing as the head light. The VTX has a chrome plastic one... The V-Rod has a glass and aluminum one that cost HD $500K to develop. Come on Honda, cheap chrome plastic abounds on the VTX. Why?

Don't get me wrong, I like the VTX. I think when Honda and HD build bikes like these, we the riders all win. They are both great bikes, but I believe that HD has thrown the Japanese a major curve ball.
v-rodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 06:20 PM   #180
v-rodder
Registered Member

Default Re: Honda vs. Hardley

Man have you read the review of the V-Rod on this web site? The MO Staff state clearly that the V-Rod will trounce the mighty VTX. Since they have ridden both, they should have a good idea. Don't take my word for it, read it for yourself. While Honda was making a over weight, chromated plastic cruiser, HD was redefining the same cruiser market with the next generation of motorcycle. Heh Japan... how's the view back there?

As for the pricing, I hate the gouging as much as anyone! That's one area of HD that I cannot defend. $21K for a Road King or Softail Classic is just stupid. Dealers who do this will pay in the long run.
v-rodder is offline   Reply With Quote