Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 06-04-2001, 05:27 AM   #81
Latro
Founding Member

Default Re: Crashing Sucks - Reader Feedback

Wrong. Most hospitals are a business and they are there to make a profit. Nothing wrong with making a profit lets just be honest about it.
Latro is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2001, 05:36 AM   #82
Latro
Founding Member

I too were a helmet and did before the law. But to make it mandatory is wrong. Soon someone (big brother, do-gooders, etc.) might decide that riding a motorcycle is too dangerous and make it mandatory that you stop.

Preserve your freedoms and let the individual decide if he should wear safety gear. This will also help weed out the stupid idiots.
Latro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2001, 02:49 PM   #83
Unsavage-Marauder
Founding Member

I wear a full face in the winter to keep my head warm. I wear a standard at other times but prefer a half helmet or maybe a shorty during the hot summer months. Biking is dangerous but so is living. You can not take the danger out of biking so why be suffocating in a full face helmet in the summertime. As long as you can not make motorcycling risk free, then don't worry about what type of helmet somebody is wearing. If you are concerned about that you shouldn't be riding a bike in the first place.
Unsavage-Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 05:55 PM   #84
hopper_0012
Founding Member

I wear fullface, and I'm even a little older; got a kiddie's panda-bear backpack at the San Diego Zoo t'use as a lunchpail. Lots of waves, lots of grins...and just maybe it makes the 6', 210# guy in full black leather look a little less intimidating as he blasts down the HOV lane about 30% over the nominal speed limit.

Hadda have the straps lengthened at the shoe-repair place, but we all need good relations with the local cobblers--boots and jackets and pants and chaps all need maintenance, even if you're lucky enough that they never get on the ground.
hopper_0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:34 PM   #85
centauro1000
Founding Member

Default Re: *sigh* Helmet laws again

Wow, I couldn't imagine riding without a helmet. The thing that worries me about coming off without a helmet is the thought of having the gravel scrubbed out of my face. A good friend came off wearing only a T shirt and helmet. After the salt bath, they scrubbed him with a bristle brush to get all the gravel out (helps stop infection). Now he always wears a jacket jeans gloves and a full face when out and about. I will take his word on how painfull it was.
centauro1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 03:44 PM   #86
kanani
Registered Member

so you don't crash for years, then you don brain bucket and need it.

moral of the story?

no helmet = no crash

helmet = crash

either that or stay away from kalifornia
kanani is offline   Reply With Quote