Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 10-20-2000, 03:18 PM   #1
RobM
Founding Member

Default Re: New News.MO Is Here!

Uh, Don't wanna be critical, but is there a >> missing in the Header?? And maybe the feedback could be visible w/out a click to show each reply?

Otherwise, it's all good, baby.
RobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2000, 03:47 PM   #2
brent
Founding Member

The Default theme had a brief revision control problem while I propogated it across the backup servers (I went the wrong way, from old->new, oops!).

If you register, you can set your default view to be Nested instead of Threaded, so you'll get all the comments without extra links. Or, you can try it now by choosing Nested above...

--Brent
brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2000, 04:26 PM   #3
badsac
Founding Member

Default What?

Grrr. To hard for ijiots like me.

Why when you login does it briefly flick up a page then quickly replace it with another page wanting you do change your details? I'd rather it just poke me to the news after I login. Any fix for this?
badsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2000, 04:29 PM   #4
MC
Founding Member

Default HTML form in the title?

OK, I know HTML a little bit, but I must be missing something....

Why is there a HTML form in betweenthe title tags?

Thanks,

- MC
MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2000, 02:37 AM   #5
MC
Founding Member

Bye squiddly!

Thanks,

- MC
MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2000, 05:42 AM   #6
nebo
Registered Member

So now I can't change my name for each post so I don't leave a flaming trail? Poo. Oh well it was getting pretty rude, maybe this will change it.
Old 10-21-2000, 06:53 AM   #7
ironmike
Founding Member

Default Gotta agree...

...why the quick double-shuffle of pages (to the detail change page) after log-in? These old eyes are too slow to catch the flashing page. Also, a mark command to indicate reviewed posts would be helpful and timely. I know it's a new format, but let's fine tune it, shall we..?
ironmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2000, 04:31 AM   #8
A_Nominal_Squid
Founding Member

I like it. Perhaps (but not terribly likely...look at slashdot.org) the new login system will keep the signal/noise ratio at a reasonable level.

Squid in name only
A_Nominal_Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2000, 08:40 AM   #9
ironmike
Founding Member

Default Squid defined..?

Indeed, easier said than done... It's a term still in evolution, which seems to indicate a sportbike pilot who manifests some degree of skill, usually somewhat compromised by a lack sound judgement as he/she is prone to periodically exercise the application of those skills at inappropriate times and places... like maximum velocity in normal (public) traffic environments. Surprisingly, the skill level can be quite high and expectation of survival is a fairly high probability.

Conversely, at the other end of the skill/performance scale can be found those increasingly refered to as squiggs (from the English squiggle, which refers to the residual mark usually left on the pavement immediately prior to departure from the current skill envelope). Think of a squigg as a wannabe squid, but currently deficient in prerequisite survival skills... a sort of tadpole to potential frog analogy, if you will.

These are merely observations of what appears to be a dynamic evolution of motorcycling terms, rich in imagination and imagery. Lack of self-awareness on this scale and appreciation thereof seems to be in inverse proportion to the maturity level of the rider.

I hope you find this observation useful.
ironmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2000, 03:37 PM   #10
bigjames
Premium Member

Thank You! I remember asking about this exact sort of controls on the email postings months ago. It's even database (MS SQL Server, I assume) based.

Ummm - write me when you discover that you really do need a Database Adminsitrator...

Computer geeks on bikes, may God save us...
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote