Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 10-17-2007, 10:15 AM   #1
seruzawa
The Toad

Default New Utah Law proposed.

Will cancel ALL motorcycle licenses next year and force everyone to go through learners permits and safety training. That's ALL licenses. Everybody.

Effin' fascists. Oh yes, and as is so popular these days allows the DMV bureaucrats to write their own laws. Excerpt below:

General Description:
This bill modifies the Motor Vehicles Code and the Uniform Driver License Act by amending provisions relating to motorcycle endorsements and class M licenses.
Highlighted Provisions:
This bill:
► repeals the class M license;
► expires all existing class M licenses on June 30, 2008;
► prohibits the Driver License Division from issuing a motorcycle endorsement to a person, with exceptions, who:
∙ does not hold an original or provisional class D license, a CDL, or an out-of-state equivalent;
∙ has not held a motorcycle learner permit for four months; and
∙ beginning on July 1, 2009 and if the person is under 21 years of age, has not completed a motorcycle rider education program;
► creates the motorcycle learner permit;
► provides that a motorcycle learner permit entitles the holder of the permit to operate a motorcycle subject to certain restrictions;
► grants the division rulemaking authority to implement rules for the issuance of a motorcycle learner permit and the proof requirements for demonstrating that an applicant has completed a motorcycle rider education program;
► requires an applicant to state whether the applicant has had a license suspended, cancelled, revoked, disqualified, or denied in the last ten, rather than six, years; and
► makes technical changes

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2007, 10:22 AM   #2
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Better move to a red state and vote Republican, they'll get all those excessive laws off your back

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
SmokeU
Registered Member

What the $hit is going on with this country?!?!
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:26 AM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

Default It's just proposed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Better move to a red state and vote Republican, they'll get all those excessive laws off your back
We'll see how far it gets during the legislative session next year. The crooks only meet for 6 weeks in Jan-Feb.

They can't even pass a helmet law. I doubt that this will even got out of committee.

How long do your crooks meet in Washington? All year round?
Old 10-17-2007, 10:36 AM   #5
12er
Founding Member

They are called Law Makers for a reason, if they dont make any laws, whats the point? Granted I'm all for unlaw makers but that will never happen. They keep passing laws till the people revolt. Isnt that how its always worked throughout time?
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:41 AM   #6
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

No matter how many people are revolting, you can't legally kill them just because you have a weak stomach..........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:44 AM   #7
SmokeU
Registered Member

and we can't trust them to quit, they'll just say they never said they were going to quit.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:47 AM   #8
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

There are many, many proposed laws every year that get shot down. Many of them are even more retarded than this proposal.

When I became interested in gun rights I started paying more attention to proposed laws. I saw many that were frightening and stupid. There were proposals to ban land ownership, crazy tax increases, proposals to allow the UN to create laws and arrest citizens, proposals to limit speed limits to 35mph, proposals to pay taxes per mile driven, proposal to increase minimum wage to something around $20 per hour.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:16 AM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Default True...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
There are many, many proposed laws every year that get shot down. Many of them are even more retarded than this proposal.

When I became interested in gun rights I started paying more attention to proposed laws. I saw many that were frightening and stupid. There were proposals to ban land ownership, crazy tax increases, proposals to allow the UN to create laws and arrest citizens, proposals to limit speed limits to 35mph, proposals to pay taxes per mile driven, proposal to increase minimum wage to something around $20 per hour.
... but look at the insane law that Schwartzenegger just signed that allows male adult pedophiles to put on women's clothes and hang around inside the girls bathroom in any public park. That is beyond insane. It is distilled evil.

I expect anything now from the "party of perverts" and the "party of war on some drugs".

Last edited by seruzawa : 10-17-2007 at 11:19 AM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:20 AM   #10
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Wait, what was that?! You got a link to that Schwarzenegger thing? That sounds like a new level of crazy.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote