Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2007, 01:28 PM   #21
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
With faux pictures of Kawasakis?
Now not only do you have to be careful not to shake hands with Sheryl Crow you also have to have your kid come home from school to use the bathroom. LOL! Moving to another State may be your only option soon. I can fit a few MOfos in my basement for a while. I don't charge rent either. You just have to take a 2 hour perimeter guard shift and help muck out the privy.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2007, 02:32 PM   #22
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Now not only do you have to be careful not to shake hands with Sheryl Crow you also have to have your kid come home from school to use the bathroom. LOL! Moving to another State may be your only option soon. I can fit a few MOfos in my basement for a while. I don't charge rent either. You just have to take a 2 hour perimeter guard shift and help muck out the privy.


Oh cool, free food at Seruzawa's.....any of your wives got any sisters??
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:55 PM   #23
sachiwilson
Moderator
 
sachiwilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Well I sympathize with your friends, however, the role of gov't is to protect it's citizens; not to insure that no one ever experiences a moment of discomfort.

Child safety trumps adult discomfort anytime.
Transpeople face dangers too. Imagine a mid-transition trans person who looks reasonably female being forced to use the male bathroom. She would not be safe. Many transpeople have been assaulted and even murdered because they are trans or otherwise seen as not fitting. The ability to use the correct space (bathroom, whatever) helps avoid danger and is about a lot more than comfort.
__________________
Frappé LaRue
*Safety Queen*
Are you a Rounder?

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:46 PM   #24
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiwilson View Post
Transpeople face dangers too. Imagine a mid-transition trans person who looks reasonably female being forced to use the male bathroom. She would not be safe. Many transpeople have been assaulted and even murdered because they are trans or otherwise seen as not fitting. The ability to use the correct space (bathroom, whatever) helps avoid danger and is about a lot more than comfort.
Sounds like for some people life's a bytch and then you become one.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:45 PM   #25
vermicious
Registered Member
 
vermicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 553
Default

which can also be expressed as "life's a b*tch... and then they lop your dingle off"
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:46 PM   #26
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Sounds like for some people life's a bytch and then you become one.
Our Rail Service Local-crew has for it's lead someone who is becoming a Woman. Said the co-leader to me once: "I used to work with a D!ck, now I work with a B!tch...."
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:26 AM   #27
ER1B
Founding Member
 
ER1B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The great state of Houston
Posts: 41
Default

Great, cagers are taking out bikers like bowling pins and it's the bikers' fault. That's kind of like the victim of a home invasion being blamed for owning a home...I think those efforts would be better spent on motorcycle public awareness. After all, aren't all bikers environmentalists? We're saving gas, time, reducing traffic congestion, and have a much lower impact impact on environmental resources than the average cage.
ER1B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:40 AM   #28
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ER1B View Post
After all, aren't all bikers environmentalists? We're saving gas, time, reducing traffic congestion, and have a much lower impact impact on environmental resources than the average cage.
I prefer to think of us like the Cagers do: as "Eco-Terrorists".
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:53 AM   #29
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ER1B View Post
Great, cagers are taking out bikers like bowling pins and it's the bikers' fault. That's kind of like the victim of a home invasion being blamed for owning a home...I
They already do this for any number of things. A gun owner is now liable in some states if a criminal breaks into his house, into his gun safe, steals his guns and they are then used in a crime.

Sieg Heil!
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off