Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 10-17-2007, 11:28 AM   #11
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

The stupidest one they came up with here is to tear up the streets in side city limits and plant grass, then lay metal grating over the top to cut down on storm water run-off. All it'd take is a trip over the Narrows or 1st. Ave. So. bridge in the rain to get that notion out of their heads.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2007, 11:28 AM   #12
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Wait, what was that?! You got a link to that Schwarzenegger thing? That sounds like a new level of crazy.
I don't know if it qualifies in public, but in the schools , if a man is more comfortable being a woman he can use the ladies room.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Even if it is just schools....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I don't know if it qualifies in public, but in the schools , if a man is more comfortable being a woman he can use the ladies room.
.... it's still distilled evil.

That's just great. Now not only do you have to be careful not to shake hands with Sheryl Crow you gotta make your kids come home from school to use the bathroom.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:52 AM   #14
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

*sigh*

I know quite a few crossdressers and trans people (both male-to-female and female-to-male. One of the women I ride with here in San Diego is trans, and I'm sure there are plenty I don't know! Anyone who feels so strongly that they are mentally a gender that doesn't match his or her body is not going to cause problems in a rest room. All they want to do is fit in as a person of their mental gender. You may not understand why they need to do it (no one really understands it) but as far as anyone can tell it is just another variation on human development. It is certainly not a perversion.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:05 PM   #15
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

I don't think the concern is about trans-gender, lord knows I don't care. But there does seem to be an increase in child predators presence in today’s society. So, the concern would be (and I do not know the specifics of this law) that a child predator could dress in the attire of the other gender and use an inappropriate bathroom and linger making it easier to nab a child.

"I am a professional transvestite, so I can run about in heels and not fall over."
--Eddie Izzard
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:37 PM   #16
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

I understand, but to be honest I have never heard of such an incident. (And don't forget that I do criminal defense work, so I'm reasonably up on what would be reported.) The benefits of the trans-protection laws truly outweigh their risks.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:45 PM   #17
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiwilson View Post
I understand, but to be honest I have never heard of such an incident. (And don't forget that I do criminal defense work, so I'm reasonably up on what would be reported.) The benefits of the trans-protection laws truly outweigh their risks.
Well I sympathize with your friends, however, the role of gov't is to protect it's citizens; not to insure that no one ever experiences a moment of discomfort.

Child safety trumps adult discomfort anytime.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:46 PM   #18
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Right, but perceived fear will not change especially when cable news is running new child nabbing stories every week. Child predators targeting bathrooms is hardly a stretch.

...though, I do believe they are all preoccupied pretending they are kids on MySpace, currently.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:49 PM   #19
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Right, but perceived fear will not change especially when cable news is running new child nabbing stories every week. Child predators targeting bathrooms is hardly a stretch.

...though, I do believe they are all preoccupied pretending they are kids on MySpace, currently.
With faux pictures of Kawasakis?
Old 10-17-2007, 01:12 PM   #20
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Even if the law passes

The unilateral disqualification of a motorcycle endorsement without regard to current M class holders will result in law suits from the AMA and class-action suits from every CO licensed rider in the state. It's a nice try, but reality is the Federal District court will override the law on grounds that it will unjustly target law abiding citizens. Simply, they will re-write the law (waisting tax payer money and their time) and grand-father in all current M class licensees. Just a prediction, though.