Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 06-01-2001, 07:10 AM   #51
zamboni
Founding Member

Default Re: 600 Shootout... Continued.

Go, Minime! Step up for all of us motard lovers. They're the funnest bikes out there on which to jam around town.
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2001, 07:27 AM   #52
Z1R
Founding Member

MO - this is

"So, stay tuned -- there's much more to come! "

When do we get the " *^@#$ test in only 3 more days" crap?

For your test, report what bike was the best

daily street bike. We all know what happens

in the 600 class racing. Duhamel gets a $65,000.

rear shock for Daytona and wins. What the F^ck

are pro's doing in the support class?

Z1R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 07:33 AM   #53
Grappelli
Registered Member

Don't forget the CCM's
Grappelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 07:52 AM   #54
stevegrab
Founding Member

Yep, lots of people ride them. Well let's say that lots of people buy them, and some actually ride them. I bought an F4 last April and put 8K miles on it before winter (which came early in OH, like first week of November). Have another 2K miles since then, and plan to do another 8-10K before winter comes again. Very little of that mileage is commuting, most of it is weekly all day rides, and a few overnight or longer trips.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 08:04 AM   #55
stevegrab
Founding Member

Huh, what do you mean about the support class, and professionals being in it? The 600 Supersport class in AMA is very important to the manufacturers, that's why they all have factory teams with professional riders in it. The other classes (750SS, Formula Extreme, Pro Thunder, 250GP) are really more of the support class.

And what was that about Duhamel getting a $65,000 rear shock at Daytona. I thought that the Supersport class allowed very few minor changes to the bike. Like sprockets, control (pegs, bars) positioning, brake pads, jetting etc, exhaust. Not aftermarket or other replacement suspension?
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 08:28 AM   #56
Patrick-of-the-Hills
Founding Member

One more vote in the "this is ridiculous" column: There is no reason at all to exclude the F4i, especially given its showing last time through. I mean, really: the Suzuki is a rack that turns great lap times, the Ducati is a rack that looks pretty; excluding them is reasonable. The other two are viable everyday streetbikes that should have passed on to the second phase of the test. Given the everyday usefulness that all but is guaranteed with the Honda name, i just don't understand the exclusion.

Furthermore, the wait on this is just silly. Regardless of the silliness, you could/should have given us updates (whiny or otherwise, we would have been okay with it, on the whole) about why this has taken so insanely long, ESPECIALLY with only three bikes to worry about.

My consideration of financial support for this whole operation has always been contingent on the continuing flow of relevant postings. I'm not the only one that feels this way. Actually, this site as a whole seems to be on a downturn ever since the subscription/donation issues were first raised. Start delivering more or face the consequences, guys.
Patrick-of-the-Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 10:39 AM   #57
Z1R
Founding Member

Racing in america sux. We have a bunch of mx

boys afraid to race real dirt bikes- 500's.

Our road racing is just as messed up.

Ok, 600's out sell the 750's by a large margin.

Why not make the 600 class the top class in

ama racing? If 750's are the top class the

600 class should be for NON factory riders.

Yes DuHamel won daytona with a 65K dollar

rear shock. Showa had a fit when it was claimed

for only a few thousand (5k I think). Honda offered the guy somewhere around $20k.
Z1R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 11:08 AM   #58
LoganGixY2K
Founding Member

Cool!

But has the thought of lack of power ever crossed you mind?

And I know that most of us can't ride a 600 to its full track-potential. Although I'm willing to say that anybody can take a 600 to its accelerating/top speed limits since it only takes a twist of the throttle and a straight road.

In either case, these are fun machines.
LoganGixY2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 11:31 AM   #59
hoola47
Founding Member

I agree totally with the previous posting. If you guys want donations for your site, you have to make us, the readers want to stay. Your not doing this. It has been many months since the first posting of the 600 shootout, and many of us feel this long wait is plain lazy (or atleast I do). How long does it really take MO. Anyway about the honda, great bike, just drags too much. But then again with a new pipe and raised pegs, it's the ideal bike for the track or the street. Thanks
hoola47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 11:40 AM   #60
asphanaut
Founding Member

jspeed. You are just making way too much sense. - Asphanaut