Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 05-31-2001, 08:39 AM   #31
caderider
Registered Member

Default Re: 600 Shootout... Continued.

-=I want to see a racer's track oriented comparo between the Gold Wing and the K1200 LT. You know, streets of Willow, draggin' luggage, all of it.=-

I would go in on that one, joke or no joke.

B

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2001, 08:46 AM   #32
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

I'm SO with you on that one!!! I was pretty stoked to see their test of their 'hot rodded' BMW R1150RS when they track tested it with full luggage. Sweet.

On some of the rides I do it's not uncommon to see some guy motoring through the twisties, dragging everything (pegs, luggage, centre stand, other cool sparky stuff) on his ST, Beemer, etc with the pillion wife snapping fotos, calm as can be. Now that's cool!
Gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 09:56 AM   #33
hawker
Founding Member

I'm happy to hear what you have to say about the hypersport 600's, even though it's a class that doesn't interest me.

Sure, all "the magazines" have already shot their load all over the faces of the reading public, blathering on and on ad nauseum about how "they're all just super duper bikes," and "oh, don't you wish you were us in our poncy leathers," and "if you're fool enough to buy a streetbike based on dyno charts and what some wanker at CycleWorld says after riding the bike on a closed track, then you deserve to have that curb embedded in your forhead after all."

I don't care how long it takes for MO to come up with the 600 hyper shootout part deux, because I'm not pissing down my leg waiting to buy a bike based on what some magazine says, quick before next year's model comes out. I am interested in what MO has to say about the bikes because they tell the truth, they don't take themselves so damn seriously, and it's good to NOT need to read between the lines to figure out what the reviewers liked, or didn't like, about the bike.

Finally, I wanted to shout out to MIniME and to let the MO folks know that I AM pissing down my leg for MO to do a 600 shootout - 600 SUPERMOTARD, that is:

Husky 610SM

KTM LC4 DukeII

KTM 640 LC4 SM

MuZ Baghira Black Panther

and of course, the VOR, baby! (good luck getting one)

hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 10:19 AM   #34
eharmonic
Founding Member

yah...LOL. Isn't a whole lot of love out there for the MuZ...("...but wait, I saw 4 parked outside last week..." uh huh)

Actually, I'd like to see an in-depth on the Honda F4i and the Kawi 6R.

MrE
eharmonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 10:38 AM   #35
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

No way, man. Yur bike sux, mine rules, I'm so cool and my Dad can beat up yur Dad.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 10:40 AM   #36
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

I've actually had fantasies about hot rodding a GL1800. I figure we could get a 100lbs off of it and turbo it up to 200hp, then...........

OK, OK, I'll go back to my padded cell now.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 12:36 PM   #37
NOBRKES
Founding Member

I second that!

I was behind a new Goldwing riding Deals Gap this week and the guy was dragging a few hard parts. It was so much fun watching the sparks I missed more than one braking point. Mild panic ensued, but it sure was intertaining watching that guy hustle that thing thru the twisties.
NOBRKES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 12:38 PM   #38
bobbysniffles
Founding Member

minime...the comparo sounds great, but i have one question...and perhaps one suggestion. we all know the r6 and gixxer owns the track. and both fall short on the street in due to both's aggressive prowess. now, this is a quote from the F4i preview "It may not be the supersport scalpel that the Suzuki and Yamaha 600s are, but it may surpass last year's shootout winner - the Kawasaki ZX-6R - in terms of all-around goodness. And, as far as we're concerned, having a sharp all-around bike is exactly what we want and need." now my question is this: if the F4i has the potential to surpass the zx6r as best all around, then why not put em up against each other? how can u leave the F4i out of a Street test, where it really shines? you said it yourself (MO) that it's good all around. so why not put those strengths to the test? just my .02
bobbysniffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 01:02 PM   #39
ttcaml
Founding Member

Since I feel like the only guy who hasnÂ’t posted yet, here goes: I agree with Gixxerboy's post--if you guys get this worked up over an article, how do you control yourselves on the road! Settle down, happens, itÂ’s better late than never.

I bought a 2000 TT600 last winter, I have over 4000mi on it, and I am very pleased. If anyone wants to say anything bad about this bike, please RIDE IT FIRST that way others can consider what you have to say. Most of us have read all the articles and your repeating them does not prove anything. There is no one 600 supersport that is the best for everyone, the TT is a capable, comfortable sportbike with available factory saddlebags, luggage rack, and hard trunk. I bought this bike with trips to the racetrack in mind, but even if I do not go to the track I will be happy with it (thought not happy with myself).

One question to the folks at MO. Are the bikes you test broken in, or at least are they all broken in or all not broken in? Could you please mention that in future articles, I used to be a part-time mechanic before I started college, and IÂ’m sure there are other readers who understand what kind of difference break-in can have on the power and power delivery of an engine. Thanks.

Also,someone mentioned a Super Motard test. That is an excellent idea! DonÂ’t drop the soap.

ttcaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 04:17 PM   #40
davidcorr
Founding Member

that's funny. i like funny.
davidcorr is offline   Reply With Quote