Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 05-31-2001, 04:31 AM   #21
estrume
Founding Member

Default Re: 600 Shootout... Continued.

In part I you said the F4 was "by far the best streetbike here" and then you pick the R6 to go against the kawasaki and the triumph in a street comparo. Does this make any sense? The F4 was the only rival for the kawasaki on the street. Part I was a track comparo and the R6 won. That's ok. Part II is a street comparo. You should have picked the best street bike of part I to go against the kawi and TT and not the second best street bike.
estrume is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2001, 05:18 AM   #22
jonnyspeed
Founding Member

It should have been broken down like this: Part I - Racetrack: GSXR, R6, and 748 then in Part II - Street: ZX6R, F4I, and TT. But I also want to point out that the current leader in the AMA 600 class is Eric Bostrom riding a ZX6R....pretty good for a "streetbike" huh. When will people grow up? Any of these bikes are good enough to take to the track for an ocasional track day and have fun. If you are spending more time than that on a track you WILL NOT be leaving your bike stock! The only place you can really compare stock bikes is on the STREET! It could be argued that you won't be approaching the limits of any of these bikes on the street. So it comes down to personal taste and fit...I personally bought a 2001 ZX6R for the following reasons: 98% of my riding will be done on the street. Too uncomfortable for 200+ mile days like I ride = R6,GSXR, and 748. Great bikes all, but not for me. My decision came to the ZX6R and the F4I. I like the looks of the Honda slightly better, but I don't fit right on it for some reason. The seat was very uncomfortable for me. And not being a fan of the personality of the old F3 led me back to the ZX6R. I love my bike because it fits what I want to do. If more people would take this approach then there might be less "My bike rules and your bike sucks" type post around here...
jonnyspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 05:39 AM   #23
banda
Founding Member

Boring

I want to see a racer's track oriented comparo between the Gold Wing and the K1200 LT. You know, streets of Willow, draggin' luggage, all of it.

I want to know how the Vino stacks up against the Scarabeo at the supercross track. Which one is better through the whoops? Which one gets the "big air?"

I want a two-up, continental touring comparo between the YZ400 and the CR400. Which one will run the most electrical accessories? Which one provides better weather protection on those 800 mile days?

When are you going to give us what we want, MO?
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 06:23 AM   #24
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

C'mon guys! Quit the pathetic whining. If you don't like MO, go away.

Even though all MO's tests may not be perfectly to your liking, suck it up! MO's written for people plural.. you're not the only one out there.

All you whining about the test being late, why don't you go out an get the bikes together and post your perfect comparo.

All you whining about why the F4i was not included... good point. Hey MO, why wasn't the Honduh included?
Gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 06:31 AM   #25
Philbiker
Founding Member

Dude, that post made way too much sense for this site. Nice bike BTW.
Philbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 06:42 AM   #26
jonnyspeed
Founding Member

Sorry....I for got to add "MY BIKE RULEZ!!"
jonnyspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 07:21 AM   #27
lazy1
Founding Member

YOU are my kind of enthusiast....keep up the good work.
lazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 07:29 AM   #28
lazy1
Founding Member

ya know....ever since MO started PBSing on us for donations the quality of the content has slipped dramatically.

are we looking at yet another dotcom victim here?????
lazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 07:43 AM   #29
tbuse
Founding Member

Default Re: Upcoming reviews?

Don't know how sales of "naked" bikes stand up to sport/tourers. but I have a sport/tourer (2000 Triumph Trophy 900) and I'm lusting after some of the naked bikes. Sometimes you want to just blast around town, down to the beach or where ever. All of the bikes you mentioned for the comparo sound interesting. That's a shootout I'd like to see.

The 600 shootout is interesting; and it's really fun to hear the squids scream in outrage when their particular favorite isn't chosen as best, but a 600 is just not the bike for me. (Though I did take a Triumph 600TT on a 75 mile poker run & had a blast with it, 600s don't fit me.)
tbuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 08:13 AM   #30
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Parte Duex.... The Street

First off... In case it isn't obvious, I AM a Honda fan. Even in light of my obvious Honda bias, I must say... In your Part One test, it appeared that you were torn between the CBR and the R6, with the R6 getting the nod, due to it's more track oriented focus, out of the box. The CBR however is more street focused than the R6 and IMHO really should have been included in this test. After re-reading the Part One test... I have to concur with Minime's closing comments: "The Honda takes care of me" This is true.... unless you try to win the warm-up lap for your first Middleweight Supersport race, on a set of truly shagged OEM Pilot Sports... then she just might commit suicide... like my nine day old beauty did.