Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 05-02-2001, 03:27 PM   #1
RonXX
Founding Member

Default Re: MSF Dirt Feedback

Does this make any sense: "This was not an easy task with the big XR200 which was I kept on stalling"?
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2001, 03:27 PM   #2
PaulE
Founding Member

I really enjoyed the story. It seems like a great way to get a some time on a dirt bike.

Paul
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 05:31 PM   #3
starvingstudent
Founding Member

For someone like me, who has only street experience, this sounds really fun. If there was a class near me, I would probably do it. MSF has the right idea here.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 05:38 PM   #4
deanmass
Founding Member

Is it just me, or about 50% of the readers here incapable of basic reading comprehension? An XR200 probably is BIG if you are (i.e. Danielle the Intern...hint=W_O_M_A_N=SMALLER THAN MAN USUALLY) 5 foot 4, 110 pounds. Cripes, use your head, or rather, use a larger quantity of the squishy gray stuff inside the round hard part on the outside!! This is a GREAT little article, and I sent it to my wife who is FAR TOO SMALL to ride an XR200. She is perfect for the XR80, as I would imagine many gals are. You probably dropped your wife/gal on a CR500 for her first ride..? Another Hint....Wife who rides=Wife who has a greater chance of understanding your need for a new CR450F.....
deanmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 07:35 PM   #5
starvingstudent
Founding Member

I think he's just criticizing the grammar, not the idea of needing a smaller bike (which is a pretty basic idea).
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 02:07 AM   #6
GboroGoose
Founding Member

Hey, my wife gets dyslexic at times. Besides, I know people from Apex NC and watched Yoda in Star Wars. Sense it made.
GboroGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 03:52 AM   #7
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

Oh come on.. be nice. What part about she's an Intern (ie. "Learning") and, "Be nice" in the intro did you not understand.

This is an awesome 'erag' and the fact that they allow their interns to write articles is great! Ever see Cycle World do that? Plus, who could have written a better 'first person - learning' story... I don't think Minime could have... his grammers about as bad too
Gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 04:49 AM   #8
lazy1
Founding Member

GET DIRTY!!!
lazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 06:31 AM   #9
Gixxerboy
Founding Member

Hey MO! I like this stuff. Typically I learn by 'just doing it' but that's not always the best way to learn... learned to off road buy purchasing an '83 xl500... not the brightest idea! More learner articles from novice tips to intermediate (prob guys like me) to expert tips and how to's would be appreciated by this squid.

How 'bout some basic maintenance stuff too? I'm pathetic at maintaining my bikes myself (setting up front drum brakes???? AAAAaaaaarrrrrg) but have tackled rejetting carbs (some success) and such. Maybe there are other pathetic wannabe wrenches like me out there who'd like some good ole basic info.

thanks.
Gixxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 06:33 AM   #10
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

I'm looking forward to reading about Danielle's first nac-nac.
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote