Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 06-06-2007, 07:15 AM   #11
Gritboy
Founding Member

Default Re: Denver Passes Loud Motorcycle Ordinance

Ahhhhh... if that's the case, then it seems like a non-issue. My mouth's now shut.
Gritboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2007, 07:39 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

A great day for the helmet law/tiered licensing folks.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:44 AM   #13
zenjim
Registered Member

"Police from several agencies conducted a brief crackdown, but using a noise meter to catch a moving motorcycle was not an easy task."

Why does this produce a hilarious Keystone Cops visual in my head? Phil & Bob, donut in hand, step out of their vehicle at a stop light, db meter in hand. As the light changes, Bob races after the bike trying to get a reading. As the exhaust blast blows off his hat, Phil cries out, "Look out for that..." But it's too late. Bob has run face first into a hot dog vendor cart. Jelly from the donut is everywhere, blinding the hot dog vendor who has lost his grip on the cart, which is now careening down the street. It takes out a piano mover who loses his grip and now the piano and the hot dog cart are racing downhill. The hot dog cart is aimed directly at the ladder where two painters are working on a sign that says, "Help keep Denver quiet, loud pipes hurt ears". But the piano is fast approaching two men moving that large pane of glass.

Oh Denver! Oh the humanity!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:46 AM   #14
mjs
Founding Member

This is just another example of a few assholes spoiling it for you and everyone else. These jerks with their eardrum splitting loud pipes have gone way too far and soon we all will pay the price.
mjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:53 AM   #15
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

This is nothing new, only enforcing the EPA regs already in place. Basically, run stock or quiet enough aftermarket pipes that you're not going to attract The Heat. This is the price we are going to pay for all these **** head posers with drag pipes. I've got a couple of Ya-Hoos in my neighborhood with those foot long Jesse James pipes on their Harley's, they're f*n redicules. Fortunatly they only ride if it's above 80 outside.

Don't bother me to fine them all day long

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:53 AM   #16
Cheesebeast
Registered Member

You bring up a legitimate point that it is really going to hurt aftermarket exhaust manufacturers.

On the other hand, how do you stop a person from gutting a stock muffler?

I am not an oracle. I am not a prophet. I can't even choose the correct check-out line at the grocery store. I will predict that noise violations will be a tasty bit of revenue for local municipalities.

They have the support of a majority of the populace, who naturally enough don't ride.

A more rational method of enforcement is to adopt a basic standard XdB(A) measured at 1 meter from the tip of the exhaust with the bike revving to X RPM. A measurement taken at idle would fail a straight pipe.

I do not support this. There are lots of better things that need enforcement- like ceasing the proliferation of flavored coffees and other liquid blasphemy.

Revenue = enforcement, as proven by a Boston pilot program that scans license plates for unpaid parking tickets and then the vehicle gets booted.

The system is installed in a van and it uses a computer "eye" to automatically accomplish this feat. The computer alerts the driver when it "sees" a violator- who may in fact be parked legally at the time. A company in Canada wrote the code and keeps the scanned pictures of license plates in their systems. Don't like it? TOUGH.

Bottom line is if and when a simple standard becomes available expect "meter readers" to really proliferate.

Jawohl!
Cheesebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:23 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

Notice that idiot boy's "last post" was less than 24 hours ago.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:28 AM   #18
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Yes, I'm like TOTALLY FLABBERGASTED !!!!! he even told his wife who he's divorcing and trying to pawn off on me, that he was done.............

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:18 AM   #19
dmc42421
Registered Member

Absolutely on the mark. When geeks with straight pipes were a small minority the noise seemed a minor nuisance or peculiarity. But now.. Talk about your 'sheeple" ! Buy a Harley, get some leather, new tattoo, remove stock pipes, pay big bucks to be a local nuisance.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:41 AM   #20
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

This is all so disturbing.......I don't know what I will do now.......how will we stop all the madness?????