Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 06-01-2007, 10:54 AM   #61
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default Re: Self Righteous Weenies

Here we usually call them DWA's or "Driving While Asian"

We also get our share of save the earth lefties in Subaru's and Priuseseses that do 60 in the HOV lanes. I find high beams in the passanger side mirror usually gets their dander up enough to find the gas pedal.

That or I pass them on the shoulder and go on about my business

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2007, 10:56 AM   #62
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: Another Bike Chase Caught on Tape: WA Biker Chased Then Resists Arrest

Not that I'm condoning their actions - but at least they didn't destroy any gravestones or dig anyone up.

Yes, there seems to be a problem with that in this area.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:12 AM   #63
gas_pig
Founding Member

Default Re: WTF!?!?!?

Folks here (Seattle area) get annoyed when anyone on a motorcycle passes them it seems even when it's in the carpool lane during rush hour. It's as if they want everyone to be stuck with them in traffic.

The WA State Patrol seems to be doing a full blitz on anyone doing anything that's not letter-off-the-law legal recently. They're putting up planes at night and putting out extra "seatbelt enforcement" patrols at night as well. I see the last part to be a thin guise to pull drivers over because it looked like your seatbelt wasn't on... and then find some other reason to fine/arrest them.

I swear that western WA is getting over protected lately. In 2005 when I rode down to MotoGP I saw way more state patrol cars in WA than I did in OR and CA combined (apparently OR has no $$$ to fund troopers).
Old 06-01-2007, 11:22 AM   #64
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: Another Bike Chase Caught on Tape: WA Biker Chased Then Resists Arrest

I'm a real liberal too. I completely agree with you about the little **** munchers. You know it has to be either hippy high school kids or some crazed lunatic out there on Orcas island who did that. It's basically either a stupid kid or a real Nazi.

I think us liberals (as a group) are frequently dumb as rocks filled with group-think, and we make great targets for comedy. Unlike conservatives of course, who are wise and staid.

He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:26 AM   #65
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

I learned the term DWA from a Vietnamese developer of mine.

My favorite peeve is the white minivan in the fast lane going slightly under the speed limit, usually DWA.

Careful passing them on the shoulder and going about your business, you saw the video.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Old 06-01-2007, 11:40 AM   #66
schizuki
Founding Member

"I think us liberals (as a group) are frequently dumb as rocks filled with group-think, and we make great targets for comedy. Unlike conservatives of course, who are wise and staid."

Now THAT'S how to score a point with sly humor. Well taken. You're pretty smart for a dirty hippie.

I think we can agree the more, um, "enthusiastic" members of both sides are a-holes.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:55 AM   #67
SV650GLEN
Registered Member

In California he would have been able to do Lane-Splitting
Old 06-01-2007, 11:56 AM   #68
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

The great thing about liberals is even the unenthusiastic ones can be a-holes. They're just informed enough to know what they're supposed to believe.

I guess that goes for the run-of-the-mill conservatives too actually. Jesus told my pastor that Saddam and Bin Laden are best friends.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:00 PM   #69
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: This is lame.

Excellent ideas.. except those pertaining to kpaul
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:03 PM   #70
ksquid
Banned

My wife's van is red OK? and she is a blonde green eyed Irish fire cracker who usually carries maize. Yep I think sarnali should watch the entire video. passing on the shoulder thing probably not safe to do in Puget Sound anymore with this WSP bird up in the sky now..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote