Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 06-01-2007, 09:53 AM   #21
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: Why?

Why? Because every case CAN'T be a stupid abuse of power. Well, at least I hope every case isn't that.

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2007, 10:02 AM   #22
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: Another Bike Chase Caught on Tape: WA Biker Chased Then Resists Arrest

That Rocks!

YOU Rock!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:12 AM   #23
tomk2
Founding Member

Default Re: Another Bike Chase Caught on Tape: WA Biker Chased Then Resists Arrest

Maybe I missed it... was there any announcement that Yossef wouldn't be doing any more bike reviews for MO?
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:14 AM   #24
tomk2
Founding Member

What do I want?

I want articles by Yossef on the new MotoGuzzis, the Hypermotard and the Aprilia Shiver
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:18 AM   #25
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: WTF?

Bike chase? Looked like my old morning commute. What was the riding doing that was so wrong? Maybe going a little too fast, but nothing to raise any eyebrows in my opinion.

As to the "weaving through traffic" accusation, is't that what bikes do best in moderate traffic?

Trooper Bill looked a little overzealous to me, maybe his campagine hatband's a little too tight.

This illustrates why I'm all for a rear-mounted LAWS rocket options on new sportsbikes.

INDEED!
Old 06-01-2007, 10:21 AM   #26
ksquid
Banned

Default khits list

This makes the khits list. Good job kgay.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:21 AM   #27
seruzawa
The Toad

It's difficult to draw any conclusions from what's shown.

However I suspect what we are seeing is what I've been warning about. The media's purpose is to create controversy. Since the media has started focusing on the stuntaz you can expect that in the usual media fashion more and more mundane activities will be labelled as "erratic" behavior. They love blood, death and crime and they love to create it when none exists. The media frightens people who in turn complain to the politicians who then order the cops to 'do something' and in typical govt fashion the wrong people get targeted.

About all I saw the m/cer do was maybe speed a little bit. He certainly wasn't riding erratically. All his passes were made with plenty of room and he didn't tailgate anyone.

I'll bet at least dozen local burglaries and a couple dozen drug sales on school property took place while these Revenuers masquerading as police officers were strutting around "protecting" the public.

Maybe the m/cist forgot to become entirely craven and obsequious to the officer. He might have frowned or demonstrated a tiny bit of displeasure at being stopped which is enough for some cops to go ballistic. On the other hand he might have been disparaging the cop's mother which is a really really really stupid thing to do.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:21 AM   #28
SmokeU
Registered Member

Yeah really, what did the rider do to deserve to be arrested?
Old 06-01-2007, 10:22 AM   #29
ksquid
Banned

Default Quit whinning and post something

Don't see many posts by you kdrowningpub (BrowningBar).
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:22 AM   #30
seruzawa
The Toad

Excellent point.