Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-30-2001, 05:09 PM   #81
gizmop
Founding Member

Default Re: Dyno Shootout: FZ1 vs. all, Please include old bikes to.

Less power is better for touring? I suppose we should wait for the magazine shootouts before declairing which bike is better for what purpose. The bike which is more comfortable, less buzzy would be better for touring. Just my .02.
gizmop is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2001, 05:17 PM   #82
gizmop
Founding Member

Default Re: Dyno Shootout: FZ1 vs. Bandit 1200S

Be realistic. How many people are going to do all that stuff to their bike? Probably not very many. Stock to stock, the FZ 1 is a faster bike -- probably more reliable, too. The only thing the Bandit offers is buyers remorse.
Old 03-31-2001, 01:55 PM   #83
kylekc
Founding Member

Here's the two charts, overlaid:

http://home.pacbell.net/kylekc/dynojet_comparison.htm
kylekc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 03:43 PM   #84
gizmop
Founding Member

How does the FZ 1 appear to "not so build-up friendly?" It starts by being considerably more powerful than the B12, so an FZ 1's owner spends the $$$ to bring the weight down. A lighter exhaust and the removal of the centerstand will shed a bunch of pounds. Remember that the FZ 1 is already a bunch lighter than the B12.

So what if it costs more to pry one away from the dealer, you get what you pay for.
Old 04-02-2001, 03:33 AM   #85
mark22
Founding Member

have gsxr 1000 in my garage right now but the bike was way to awful to ride killed my wrist. seen the silver b12 at the dealer looked real sharp. doing dealer swap tommorow.
mark22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 03:42 AM   #86
mark22
Founding Member

have gsxr 1000 in my garage right now. could not ride the bike it was killing my wrist. doing dealer swap tommorow for a silver 2001 bandit. seems like lot bike for the money and the ergos were more for what im looking for. save 3000 grand too. how do you replay to the main page ?
mark22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 05:49 AM   #87
dirtybmxr
Founding Member

Who said anything about "most people"? I was clearly writing about MY feelings on the choice between the two bikes. Where you get the reliable thing from, I'm sure no one knows, but the B12 is pretty darn reliable. And since you want to talk "stock to stock", a GSX-R1000 will wipe the floor (no pun intended) with the FZ for roughly the same "small" price diference . . .
dirtybmxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 07:14 AM   #88
gizmop
Founding Member

Most people won't modify their bikes to the extent of pistons, etc. A pipe & jet kit is about it. The B12 is a reliable bike. But who knows after you start adding a bunch of mods.

A GSX-R1000 will most definately out perform a FZ 1, but it's comparing apples to oranges as the GSX-R isn't a naked bike/standard nor is the FZ 1 a pure sport bike.
Old 04-02-2001, 11:29 AM   #89
polishnightmare
Founding Member

Default Re: High dyno figures

I checked Dale Walker the other day and he had 100.9 hp for the 2001 bandit. Sure you are looking at it correctly. MCN also had it at around 100 hp
polishnightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 12:18 PM   #90
CBR1000F
Founding Member

Default Re: And they do, ya

No... you DON'T see racers riding with an HJC or Arthur Fulmer (what the hell is that?!) helmets, but you missed my point, which is that the amount of PROTECTION does not go up with a more expensive helmet, mostly what you're getting is less weight and noise. And yes, Shoei and Arai are very popular brands, many people like them... I tried a friend's Shoei helmet, and frankly I preferred my HJC. They seemed about the same as far as noise went, and my helmet was easily more comfortable. Both helmets were Snell rated, and mine cost roughly half what his did. Gee, tough choice. I'm not knocking your helmet choice, I'm just saying the "$10.00 helmet for a $10.00 head" (I heard it as $50.00 is true, but only to a certain extent. I would never buy a $50.00 helmet, but if I also wouldn't buy a $600.00 helmet and believe that I'm going to get any better protection out of it.