Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-29-2001, 05:38 AM   #41
baker
Founding Member

Default Re: High dyno figures

both power figures are a total pile of - MO just made up that graph! YAM and AHA and Hello.........! Anyroads, the FZ1 costs at least $1500 more than the B12 - and everybody know B12 are very mildly tuned and are infinitely tunable. Even just a race exhaust system, filter and jet will give it substantially more power. IF you spent 1500 on the B12 you have 150bhp - ask any tuner! And before any knob replies and says we're talking about std bikes here blah, blah blah - ask yourself this question - Who buys a B12 or any muscle bike and leaves it standard?
baker is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2001, 05:44 AM   #42
hamatsu
Founding Member

Default A wise man once said...

I'm not to the "mental" age yet where I want a cruiser or a retro bike but I couldn't pass on the $600 helmet comment. I was told years ago when I was a little pup "If you've got a $10 head, then buy a $10 helmet". I'm 40 now, and still ride with full leathers (black Vanson, thank you) and have not one, but two $600 helmets. One for my GSXR and one for my TL. You may feel fast and sporty but I think "feel" is the operative word.
hamatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 05:45 AM   #43
BenjiH
Founding Member

Default Re: Dyno Shootout: FZ1 vs. Bandit 1200S

The look of the FZ1 (why they think the name 'Fazer' is so offensive to us Americans is beyond me) is growing on me. I hate the look of bikes with an upper fairing and naked down below. It looks very unbalanced. Same problem with the Bandit S. The new unfaired Bandit looks better than both of them and it would be interesting to compare both Bandits as the unfaired version is supposed to be lighter and stiffer. Hands down, if you want more power, look no further than the FZ1, but it costs more. The FZ1 and the Bandit, to me, have nothing special about them in terms of looks, whereas the ZRX is kind of retro and has a unique swingarm. If I were to buy a naked bike I would either choose the most powerful (i.e. a great amount of 'function') or the most unique- ZRX, SV650 with its trellis frame and the fact it's a twin.
BenjiH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 05:49 AM   #44
BenjiH
Founding Member

Default Re: Dealers slow to get the FZ-1?

I live in Gainesville, GA and the local shop has the new FZ-1 in stock as well as the Gixxer 1000.
BenjiH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 06:00 AM   #45
fjbill
Founding Member

Default Re: ZRX should do well

Yes, it would do fantastically well here. Unfortunately Yamaha is being @#%)@$^ STUPID and only selling the FJR1300 in Europe this year, PLUS, I heard a rumor from a Yamaha employee that they might not sell it in the US next year, but they might sell it in Canada. Yamaha Marketing and sales is suffering from SEVERE head-up-butt syndrome with this thing. Strange, they're usually smack on with their ideas.
fjbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 06:32 AM   #46
john
Founding Member

yamaha is rethinking their position on the FJ. The huge response they have had from the american market has got them interested, keep hoping guys, it just might come.
Old 03-29-2001, 06:43 AM   #47
ChrisWvfr
Founding Member

Glad to hear you like the Givi's. I have a 95 vfr750, with two e360's and one e460 top bag, and often wonder what my next bike will be. I debate between the new Bandit 12, VFR800, New BMW 1150 GS, or maybe wait another year or two for the new VFR. How do you like touring on the B12? I understand by adding a new slip-on exaust one can gain 10% or more power and wonder if you too have made this change.
ChrisWvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 06:49 AM   #48
zerox
Founding Member

Vitamin B12 is known to be loaded with lots of low-RPM and midrange torque.

Full Name: Ban-dit Twelve Hun-dred (Five syllables)

Nickname: B-twelve (Two syllables)

I just saved you three syllables. You're welcome.
zerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 07:26 AM   #49
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

What I can't figure out is why people continue to buy big sport bikes like the new Gixxer 1000 and the R-1 when bikes like the Bandit and FZ1 are much more comfortable and practical in day-to-day riding. Isn't 108 horsepower enough to scare you silly? No? How about 127? Yikes!

Incidentally, I can't wait to see how the Kawasaki ZRX 1200 stacks up. I'll bet it will outpower the Bandit up top, and outpull the FZ1 down low. And, incidentally, the Kawasaki wins the "sit on it at the dealership" ergonimics test.
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 07:40 AM   #50
CBR1000F
Founding Member

I've heard that Yamaha is going to/are offering an extensive line of accessories for the FZ-1, including lowers, hard bags and performance goodies. Let's keep our fingers crossed, shall we?