Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 05-15-2007, 07:29 AM   #71
sanfrdnsun
Registered Member

Default Re: Wheelies and reckless driving

I don't live in that state, but where I live and work theres no way you would ever go to jail for that, except possibly overnight on the date of the incident. We see people here with still pending pwid/traffic cocaine charges, fleeing to evade arrest, failure to stop for bluelights charges and they still get probation at worst...no jail time. cannot fathom actually being sentenced to a year in jail for reckless driving. our jails are crowded enough, government would rather have your money then put you in jail for a year.
sanfrdnsun is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2007, 09:03 AM   #72
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: Wheelies and reckless driving

Unless you pull a Judge that has an enormous hardon for Motorcyclists because he was once passed by one filtering through gridlock with Uber-loud pipes; or he once observed some squidboy doin' a 100mph, 3-mile-long wheelie through rush-hour traffic on the 405; or his neighbor sits in his driveway "racking-off" the pipes of his Harley because he "likes the sound"; or his cousin's best-friend's son's buddy bought a GSXR without a license and was killed riding helmetless 43-minutes later; or..............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:15 AM   #73
Gabriel
Registered Member

Default Re

Some examples of reckless driving can include ignoring basic safety laws, such as laws forbidding people to pass in front of oncoming traffic, laws prohibiting crossing train tracks in front of an oncoming train, and laws regulating speed. People who exceed the speed limit by an unusually high amount may be considered reckless drivers because they are putting other drivers in danger.Operating a motor vehicle safely is difficult enough when sober, but add the effects of alcohol or other intoxicants and the task can become nearly impossible. A significant number of traffic deaths and serious accidents are caused by alcohol or drug-impaired drivers, although many of them survive the incidents without serious injury.

Last edited by seruzawa : 08-23-2010 at 05:16 AM. Reason: delete ambulance chaser spam
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #74
A Star Ride
Registered Member

love the edit "ambulance chaser spam" I can only guess how post #2 casually mentioned "......A significant number of traffic deaths and serious accidents are caused by alcohol or drug-impaired drivers, although many of them survive the incidents without serious injury, .................however if YOU have been injured by someone else's careless or reckless operation of any vehicle or machinery, call me for the compensation you deserve........"
Old 09-08-2010, 06:56 AM   #75
MOKE1K
Registered Member

I dont really remember doing to many wheelies or blasting down highways although in the same voice I can hear one of my old riding buddies saying "sure you did remember the time".... Course we all have those moments I think though as I get older and more experienced I do that stuff more but get caught less,...possibly. The point I'm trying to make is that you pick your opportunities to do stupid things, if you call wheeling stupid. Which I don't but you have to do it in the right place and the right time.

Back in October I got pulled for doing a wheelie consequently it was a the same time the state passed a no wheelie law, and an over 50mph law. Well Johnny caught me and to make it short he let me go. It seems I get let go more now(knocking on wood!) then I did when I was young. The cop in question had so many people just run from him he was surprised that I stopped at all, he thanked me and told me to be good. Couldnt believe it! Currently I havent had any tickets on the bike just one seatbelt infraction in a friends car? Dooh? And we regularly visit what we call the N.RUN here in Tampa which takes you into the upper counties above Tampa and its pretty fast (triple digits) and twisty.

Hey Ken you know the trick taking the online driving class, you know with the clock on your P.C?

Last edited by MOKE1K : 09-08-2010 at 07:02 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:04 AM   #76
oldbikerdude
Registered Member

I like to keep both wheels on the ground. But you have to admit, watching someone else go bananas on a bike is very entertaining.

michael
WALLETS | LEATHER WALLET | BIKER CHAIN WALLET | LEATHER WALLETS | CUSTOM WALLETS | CROCODILE LEATHER WALLET
oldbikerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:06 AM   #77
oldbikerdude
Registered Member

I like to keep both wheels on the ground. But you have to admit, watching someone else go bananas on a bike is very entertaining.

michael
oldbikerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:24 AM   #78
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Did you learn these impressive advertising tactics at Harvard, or at Yale?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote