Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 05-12-2007, 03:39 PM   #21
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: Wheelies and reckless driving

Lucky you weren't riding a yellow bike and wearing a blue jacket, or he might have called-in the S.T.A.R.S. or a request for the National Guard.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2007, 04:28 PM   #22
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Sweet Jesus Tits!

What about all of those teabags that ride around doing jackhole tricks and all the other dumbass things you see on the highway?!

Talk about wrong place at the wrong time.

Good luck and hopefully you don't get a shot-out ***** of a prosecutor like Cuddy did.

Reminds me of the prosecutor that my friend had to deal with in college when a cop decide to club him about the head, chest, and neck because the cop was confused when my friend was trying to get control of a fellow student that was over dosing.

Cop laced into him with his baton and charged him with resisting arrest. The prosecutor demanded 5 years in jail. He had no priors, no speeding tickets, and was a poor art student.

Meanwhile the guy before him was a repeat offender caught dealing drugs. The same prosecutor offered probation. I got nothing against drugs, but come ON!

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 06:12 PM   #23
seruzawa
The Toad

Looks like you unfortunately happened upon one of those cops with a real self-righteous attitude problem. He knows full well that a wheelie at 15mph ain't reckless and ain't a danger. How may people blew the red light through that intersection 1/4 mile away while this crusader was carrying out his mission from God against those eeeeevil motorcyclists?

There's an intersection near my house on a hill where people blow through the red light very frequently at 50-60 mph. I've never seen the cops ticketing these people even though there are accidents at this intersection fairly regularly. The cops are usually parked near my house in the 30mph zone writing tickets for people doing 40. Revenue generation, pure and simple.

At least the Sandy, Ut cops are generally laid back and are very polite while writing the "retirement fund donor coupons" unlike some of those LAPD nightmares.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:45 PM   #24
ksquid
Banned

[*]Plead guilty
[*]Show remorse
[*]You were caught on video
[*]You will get no jail time and but will have to pay a fine.
[*]See if yo can get your record expunged after a year or two of clean living.

Hi kgang (GPTB) miss me?

ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 06:50 PM   #25
tripleripple
Founding Member

Location: Lightly Fortified Compound (apartment): Chicago, IL

crap
tripleripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:06 PM   #26
zxZach
Banned

I think you are doing the right things. For God's sake DON'T plead guilty until your lawyer can work a deal. I think pleading guilty is the last thing to want do. This is not a speeding ticket we are talking about. However, it's not the end of the world because you have clean record etc. Let your lawyer do the legwork. Judges don't want to put taxpayers away for their first screwup. Also it could happen to anyone...I've done it... You might want to check your local motorcycle web sites to see if you can get someone that specializes in bikes. They may be able to talk through the wheelie thing since it was only at 15 mph. Yep technically anytime your front wheel leaves the air it's reckless driving. But it's not like you were blasting down main street at 60 mph or on a freeway or drinking.. Good luck but I think it will work out.. I know the first time I had something like this happen to me I freaked out and couldn't think of anything but it.. Try to find distractions. 2 years from now it will be just an unpleasant memory.. Hang in there. Just follow the advice of you attorney.
zxZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:15 PM   #27
zxZach
Banned

Buzglyd is right. Sounds like you have a good plan. Got a good lawyer and she will do the talking. 2500 bucks is cheap compared to the alternative.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:18 PM   #28
zxZach
Banned

Thiis not your average traffic citation...Never plead guilty on a criminal offense without an attorney who has exhausted all alternatives. It's a little more complicated than traffic court. There are more steps arraignment, hearing, possible trail, etc.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:41 PM   #29
Buzglyd
Founding Member

You forgot to mention never listen to advice from a total idiot. (Not you. See above post).
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:48 PM   #30
obandoj
Founding Member

And by the looks of you, hookers would be your only option.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote