Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 02-25-2007, 07:52 AM   #31
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: MO' Growing Pains

Oh, look - tons of maintenance stuff in the archives, including tire changing!

Never mind!

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2007, 08:02 AM   #32
Fenton
Founding Member

I got so excited I left the e off of chang
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:24 AM   #33
staff
Registered Member

Default Those are great ideas.

We have done a lot of non-US based stories, but of course, as the staff is all here in California, it's more difficult to do. Did you see my two Italian scooter-riding stories from last year? Or our Touring Scotland piece? And of course we're proud to present one or two Yossef stories a month.

Mr. Brummet, those are good suggestions. You might see some stories based on them in the future. We always welcome reader feedback and story ideas; they can be sent to staff@motorcycle.com or be posted to the "Post Article" link on the left side of this page.

The best way to get the content you want on MO is to submit a story yourself; we love reader submissions here at MO, and that's how Sean, Pete and I got our start in this profession.

-Gabe

staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:29 AM   #34
schizuki
Founding Member

Hey, how about this for a regular feature -

The MOron MOtorcycle of the MOnth.

Let us MOrons send pics and a write-up of our bikes and publish one every month. Some guys have pretty cool bikes that would be cool to see. And most of us have one of those newfangled digital cameras and have mastered the art of taking pictures.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:32 AM   #35
HighsideHarry
Founding Member

I get tired of logging every day and seeing the same lead story over and over again. I mean, how long did we endure seeing the Duc 1000 article...? Two weeks?

Continue putting your lead stories on the right hand side as you now do, but please......! Vary the home page photo to something different each day.
HighsideHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:26 AM   #36
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Re: Those are great ideas.

thanks for the reply I didn't know that we could send in a story with photos. I have sent in news before and a review of my Buell.

ok, I will start writing and take some photos and send them in.

thanks for hearing my side.
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:13 AM   #37
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: Look at our 2006 Index Page

The ducati story was up for so long because they had technical problems and had to restore to an earlier database, and in the mean time were fighting the server changeover fight.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:15 AM   #38
giganto
Registered Member

Default Re: MO' Growing Pains, where kids just dont understand.

Oh I cant stand it, here goes nothing;

Reguarding content etc. on MO-

FULL TIME STAFF OF 3!

READ WHAT HAS BEEN WRITTEN B4 MOANING ABOUT WHAT MO DOESNT WRITE ABOUT!

READ MO EXPLAINATIONS ABOUT SITE PROBLEMS B4 MOANING ABOUT SITE PROBLEMS!

GOLDPLATE YOUR PROFOUNDLY VIRGIN, CLEVER , NEVERBEFORE EVEN HINTED AT IDEAS FOR CONTENT, AND SEND THEM TO EVERY EDITOR IN THE MILKYWAY FOR YOUR SURE TO COME 7 TRILLION DOLLARS IN PAYMENT FOR SAID DEVESTATINGLY ORIGINAL CONTENT IDEAS, PLUS GALACTIC MEDAL OF ORIGINAL THOUGHT WITH BIG FLOATING BRAIN EMBOSSED ON RIBBON!

STAFF OF THREE!

APPLES AND ORANGES ARE VERY VITAMIN FILLED TIME WASTERS TO CONSTANTLY COMPARE/CONTRAST, HINT- PRINT MAGS & MO!

STATE ROUTE B2-10 NEAR WHERE I GREW UP IS AS TWISTY AND PRETTY A RIDE AS ANY IN THE ALPS....JUST LIKE 17,000 OTHERS IN EVERY SINGLE STATE IN THE UNION!

STAFF OF 3!

KPAUL!

STAFF OF 3 IN CA!

People who routinely tip less than 15% at mediocre themed eateries for lack of specific service and complain about the preparation of the dish during the meal have already gone wrong in several ways.

Perhaps the staples magic red button will be pressed and all mofos will understand with perfect clarity how MO works, at every level.

I certainly dont- but my grasp is far better than some.

Dang! Why wont my cup of java levitate in here?

Stupid mug of lazy coffee! Think ill change brands!
giganto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:19 AM   #39
fumanchu
Founding Member

Default guest column of the month

i'm down with this sentiment.

i would definitely be in for reading a monthly column written (well) and illustrated (competently) by MOfos in interesting parts of the world, and hearing their thoughts on real world usage of (add arbitrary motorcycle model) in (add interesting location). mind you, the effort required to sift through 200 third-grade-esque essays per month as well as their accompanying flare-riddled coolpix jpegs, in an attempt to find a MOron that can write with style, wit and correct english grammar (like using capital letters where appropriate...ahem) will probably restrict this venture to a bi-monthly column - but i'm sure that some of our brethren/soul-sistas out there have what it takes to add their own homemade salsa to the beefy enchilada which is MO.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:28 AM   #40
Leopold
Registered Member

Hi.I think MO is pretty good,but I also share the feeling that the articles are few and far between

Why not more 'Living with..' articles,and perhaps more projects? My dream project would be a black fireblade ('06) project doing a single swingarm,ISR brakes with brakelines,and perhaps ohlins front suspension

probably won't see the majority out there on the roads being a scandinavian,but hopefully some take care
Leopold is offline   Reply With Quote