Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 02-02-2007, 07:07 AM   #81
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Hells Angels and NYPD at it Again!

What part of the Hells Angels being less of a threat to the average person than a corrupt government don't you grasp?
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2007, 07:24 AM   #82
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Dude, just admit that someone has a different opinion than you, and that different doesn't mean wrong. And consider that there are patterns in society, and that you can make comparisons and draw conclusions by examining individual aspects of an overall society.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:25 AM   #83
ymsamhi
Registered Member

I have yet to figure out the leap from the hells angels running a crime syndicate and praying on the public, to what our military and government is doing right or wrong in Iraq. These people are not being sought for shop lifting or smoking a little pot. It is an organized crime ring whose activities do have an affect on society. How is an average citizen who is being affected by gang activity/violence supposed to work out there differences with an armed gang. I dont blindly support what the government does. However, I have been dealing with gang violence in my inner city Atlanta neighborhood for years. I dont always agree with the cops methods and they can be heavy-handed. But at the same time I am very thankful for the steps that they have taken to help us take back the streets and make it safe for me to walk in my neighborhood. I for one am quite glad to see the police daily "interfering" with the life on my street.

ymsamhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:26 AM   #84
bkbennett
Registered Member

Failing to see the difference between a statement about "creeping totalitarianism" and outlandish statements about the status of the US today would be a bigger bother.

I agree that the trend is away from the direction I would like to see it. Yes, it's unconstitutional, IMO, to seize someone's car or house because the cops allege it's involved in a drug crime, etc. Yes, I think Lon (or is it Ron?) Horiuchi committed murder. Yes, I think David Koresh and the Branch Dividians were murdered. But is this country as bad as the USSR? When you say that you sound like the lunatic fringe. Same with wishing mass rape on the police force.
bkbennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:35 AM   #85
bkbennett
Registered Member

Kenneth, had you written today's response yesterday, I wouldn't have responded and would have silently agreed with most of what you wrote. I have many of the concerns you have, it turns out.

One thing to consider is that our opponents won't give us much slack when we use vulgar shorthand to express our opinions. I doubt it matters in a little forum like this, and I trust you'd be much more careful in a public setting in which you trying to sway public opinion. Peace, brother. I could ride with you.
bkbennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:02 AM   #86
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

While I agree that this country is not as bad as the USSR, I would also postulate that what our government did to the Branch Dividians and what Stalin did to the poplulation of say the Ukraine differ only in the number of victims. As for the police, my step-father was a thirty year veteran of the LAPD and he was a fine man. I have been, however exposed to a large cross section of "professional" law enforcement officers. The vast majority of them are puerile brutish thugs that if the circumstances were slightly different would fit right in with any other band of armed brigands.
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:27 AM   #87
DaveFla
Founding Member

But not to create a public nuisance... hence permits are required for KKK rallies.

DaveFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:13 AM   #88
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: MO Track days.. staring the GMP, longride, Buz, seruzawa, Sean, Pete and Gabe.

That's the beauty of it
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:17 PM   #89
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

So, they're at a disadvantage to the rest of Society. Yeah, Tiny the Angel Might have got him a Ho oncet and awhile.

Eva'body like ta' get some Ho's eva' now an' then! - Do that make 'em a Bad Man?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote