Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 01-10-2007, 11:14 AM   #1
mark_thompson
Registered Member

Default Re: Canada's Motorcycle & ATV Industry Experiences Record Breaking Sales for '06.

first, eh!
mark_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2007, 11:52 AM   #2
egb
Registered Member

Default Re: Canada's Motorcycle & ATV Industry Experiences Record Breaking Sales for '06.

Wow, that changes my life.
egb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:25 PM   #3
ofreen
Registered Member

The article would be more interesting and informative if they broke the numbers down to how many were motorcycles sold and how many were ATVs.
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:44 PM   #4
schizuki
Founding Member

I think it would be more interesting if they deleted the word "Canada" wherever it appears.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:46 PM   #5
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

The Honda dealer in the middle of the Napa Valley sells mostly ATVs. Apparently they come in handy for running errands around vineyards. I have never ridden one, (drove one?) but, my stepdaughter, who is in a wheelchair, is just ambulatory enough to operate one of those things, and thinks it's a hoot. They also seem to be a thing that families can do together, but I also know one person who was killed, and another who ended up paralyzed from the things. I wonder how their fatality rate compares with dirt bikes.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:20 PM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

I see loads of them in certain ATV approved areas in Utah. I prefer not to see them because I've lost count of the unhelmeted children.. even infants I see on those things with their stupid clueless parents. I see 'em all the time on dirt roads without even wearing eye protection. Darwin at work.

If you roll one it rolls right over you. Unlike a dirtbike where the tendency is to seperate from the bike. And some of the new one are freaking huge. If it rolls over you you are dead.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:08 PM   #7
priday
Founding Member

Default yeahBUT........

......They are a hoot!

Rob

Horsepower is an illusory mathmatical equation; Torque is Real, and is the source of all good things in the world.
priday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:56 AM   #8
Gritboy
Founding Member

They're a blast for farms and ranches, and if they have a rack mounted they're more useful than trucks for quick errands and whatnot, and more stable that trial bikes. A helmet and eye protection are a must, but aside from that they're safe enough unless you get stupid on 'em -- in which case they're not very forgiving if you roll (two wheels are much easier to get off of).
Gritboy is offline   Reply With Quote