Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-13-2001, 01:23 PM   #51
BammBamm
Founding Member

Default Re: Weekend Madness on Ortega Highway

Thanks for speaking for the rest of us. Pull us over. If we are on a bike we are breaking the law. I ride a bike just so I can get pulled.

If you are violating the law 9 out of 10 minutes, you are the problem. Anyone that advocates needless harrassment of bikers because "everyone on a bike breaks the law", is an idiot.

Sell your bike.
BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2001, 01:53 PM   #52
averagefreak
Founding Member

Default Re: Ninjas

Yes, you were generalizing! I wish people with ****head comments about fellow motorcyclists (including those riding ninjas) would either stick it or... take it out on the harley guy. =P

averagefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 02:09 PM   #53
thatguyjohn
Founding Member

Screw that!!! Close the only roadway to Elsinore to motorcycles??? Why not make cars illegal since people drive them drunk? Or make SUV's illegal because they rollover. Don't try to restrict my access because people crash motorcycles on that road. Look at a road map pal.. See how far you have to go around to get to Elsinore with out the Ortega highway?

I can't believe a motorcyclist thinks you should ban motorcycles from a highway. Look at any city intersection and you'll find a lot more broken glass from cars than plastic from motorcycles, and there's a lot more city intersections than curves on the Ortega highway...
thatguyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 02:24 PM   #54
thatguyjohn
Founding Member

Default Re: Ninjas

No, they don't take off the front rotor for acceleration, it's so you can see how shiny that chromed rim is. It's very difficlut to shine a rim with massive rotors blocking access. Me personally, I'd rather be able to stop, but maybe I'm just crazy. And I always thought that chromed-out, extended swingarms were for people who couldn't do wheelies but still wanted to act like they were ruff riders. Call me crazy but, again, I'd rather be able to turn. Hmmm. Make it hard to turn and then reduce the braking performance... Darwin's theory proves itself again.
Old 03-13-2001, 02:37 PM   #55
thatguyjohn
Founding Member

That IS EXACTLY what I was going to say. There are some real power trippers in law enforcment. Oh, and don;t forget the geek in high school who was picked on and wants to get back at the world by becoming a cop, 'cause there's plety of them too.
Old 03-13-2001, 05:45 PM   #56
BlownAwayIG
Founding Member

You know, it's real funny. Most people are so worried about having something taken away from them, that they don't see the BIG picture. About a year ago, I was up at Ortega, got there just about 5 minutes after a 19 year old kid on a Honda F3 introduced himself to the grill of a Produce delivery truck. His right leg layed about 50 yards from the rest of his body. A large portion of his upper body had been turned to jello and was being kept from spilling on the pavement by his AGV leather jacket. Ever seen what a AGV helmet looks like when it goes from 65 mph in one direction to -90 mph taking in consideration the other vehicle traveling in the opposite direction. He was a 4.0 GPA student at UC Irvine.

A week later, a gentleman I worked with was going up in the area to rider the mountain bike area off Ortega, He had 2 people who think it was they're right to use Ortega Highway as their personal property. They tail gated him, attemtped to get around him, honked and he thinks they even yelled at him to move over. He was doing the posted speed limit. Well the story goes, 100+ Horse power, great power to weight ratio, They decided to go around him, double yellow line with the double the fine zone sign posted right in the area they passed and the trailing rider decided to flip him off as he passed. Well, what goes around comes around, because the trailing rider was too busy sharing his opinion, he didn't see the Honda Civic, painted Bright yellow with Black graphics side swipe him. He high sided then got run over. Oh yeah, he lived.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that closing the high way to bikes and wanna be race cars will change anything. Because, it'll just go somewhere else. But for those of us to enjoy things and places like this, maybe we should STEP UP and do a bit of our own Policing. I'd be more than willing to meet up with anyone who is willing to spend the day there to try to prevent one of these types of incidents from happening. Anyone who reads this, are you willing to step up and contact the local authorities, the county, the state or any of the powers to be to see if the Highway could be used for selected events. Anyone want to organize medical response, financing, insurance or outside sponsers. I'd be willing to do my part if anyone out there who is complaining about simply agreeing that maybe a radical answer of closing it to bikes etc, is willing to put there money and time where their mouth is, and do something to change and improve the situation not just complain. I've seen it done for bike races, street luge, down hill skate boarding, Remote control car races, Distance running events and even Base Jumping (sky diving from a fixed land based object) which it self was illegal.

Or maybe, some of you should take a day off, go up there, not with our bike, but a video camera and sit at all the cool knee dragging turns, or the short straights between them and watch and record all of the idiots. A good Saturday should fill up a couple of blank tapes. Maybe those who say, "A few bad apples..." will figure out that there is more than just a few, more like a few bushels...Yeah, there are those out there who do rider smart and responsible, but human nature is,,,I have 100+ horse power, rock solid aluminum frame, carbon fiber this, titanium that, Kevlar gloves, the coolest knee puck, and the most b-tchen Troy Lee paint job and I'm going to put it to use...

And for those of you who can't find time or money for track time...Crash up on Ortega and see how long emergency response time to you is.
BlownAwayIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 05:48 PM   #57
BlownAwayIG
Founding Member

Finally, someone who has the right attitude.
Old 03-13-2001, 05:55 PM   #58
BlownAwayIG
Founding Member

What an idiot...Was it you the CHP officer pulled over? I bet you're one of those, "It's everyone else's fault.." types. Better yet, I bet you're a lawyer. You sound like one of those late night ambulance chasing bottom 2% of your class lawyers. You probably thought O.J. was innocent...
Old 03-13-2001, 08:22 PM   #59
rat
Founding Member

Default MO news rules all the way

A Yamaha Vino hop-up, with a wheelie picture.

A poll on Burt the Elephant

And the latest breaking news on some CHP extortionist

getting clobbered from behind by a helmet.

You've warmed my heart, MO.

Keep up the excellent work.

Get your donation transaction page working.
rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 10:18 PM   #60
BlownAwayIG
Founding Member

A few bad apples...

SPOIL WHAT...

Ortega Highway is exactly that. A Highway. Not Ortega international raceway...It's posted at 45 and 50 MPH, with cautions to 25 mph. 200 miles, man that's not that much to ask for: race prepped riding area, over shoot areas, haybales, ON SCENE MEDICAL ASSISTANCE, No big drop offs, no rock face walls, falling rocks, bad shadows, surprize oil, gas or water spots or better yet, not another idiot coming head-on at you at 60+ mph with no where to go,,,

Come on...Like most So. Cal people, you go to the river or Havasu on the weekends to ski or Jet ski, you'd drive all over town to get the cheapest Corona beer,,,is a couple of extra hours and a bit of extra work worth being able to walk for the rest of your life, be there for your kid's wedding, or at the very least send that last alimony check with a kiss my a-- note attached...