Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-13-2001, 06:23 AM   #41
LoganGixY2K
Founding Member

Default Re: Weekend Madness on Ortega Highway

Eeeeeeeaaaaazzzzyyyyyy CHEETA!....
LoganGixY2K is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2001, 07:18 AM   #42
Poser
Founding Member

All bikes face the same problems on the road. I even wave to motorcycle cops. They usually wave back, if they see me. That makes this incident even worse, because we are ALL riders. I don't know if the officer was in a car or on a bike, but whatever gives motorcycles a bad name affects all of us. For better or worse, our behavior is on display every day we ride and it reflects on all bikes.
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 08:07 AM   #43
bugsplatter
Founding Member

Why not post the emails from the bikers who were pulled over to see what the complaints were. Do those of us who are innocent really mind helping the CHP apprehend what were certainly criminals and most likely also bike theives? Want to make that officer a little less tense when he pulls you over, turn your bike off, put you helmet on the tank hands on the helmet and stay on your bike. You can bet the chp is going to be much more suspicious of us for a while. THe officer is extremely lucky that he was not shot with his own gun while he was knocked out.

As for the police not having cause to stop sportbikers give me a break! 9 minutes out of 10 while I am riding I am breaking at least one section of the california vehicle code. Also when the description is a general " on a sport bike " the officers have every right to stop sportbikes and investigate. Lighten up folks.

bugsplatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 08:10 AM   #44
ArtOfTheMotorcycle
Founding Member

Default Wouldn't it be great...

If the people who ID'd these guys were motorcyclists?
ArtOfTheMotorcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 08:42 AM   #45
stevegrab
Founding Member

I see the moderators are doing their job, great!
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 09:14 AM   #46
dirtybmxr
Founding Member

Default Re: Ninjas

You are soo right! And I have NEVER seen a chromed, lowered, stretched, GSX-R with one of the front rotors removed for "quicker acceleration".

Ok, now I'm generalizing, but that's how I feel about "pimped out" GSX-R's and those kinds of bikes in general.

Devil'sAdvocate (and GSX-R fan)

dirtybmxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 09:54 AM   #47
hamatsu
Founding Member

I heard from a reliable source that these guys were allergic to polyester and had requested to be let go and proceed away from the area at a high rate of speed to avoid being contaminated. The officer failed to comply with the request. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
hamatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 10:59 AM   #48
das
Founding Member

Well, now *there's* a bad idea if I've ever seen one. I'm not against law enforcement, and I'm certainly not against police officers (I'm related to two myself). But this kind of attitude is naive, shortsighted, an, um, well... to put it bluntly... just stupid.

Just because a group of people are flagrantly and dangerously disobeying the law on a certain street, you suggest that all people fitting a similiar discription (ie riding a motorcycle) should be banned from using that street?

Wow! Do you really believe that?

Think about any activity that you enjoy. It can be anything at all (hobbies, sports, your job, raising a family, partying)... anything that you enjoy doing. Now, aren't there other people out there who do that same (or similar) activity, but do it in such a way that they break the law, set a bad example, or have some other negative impact on the activity (and/or the perception of that activity) as a whole? Of course there are. It's just the way people are. But that doesn't mean that everyone should be banned from enjoying that activity... does it?

Man, I hope not.
das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 01:54 PM   #49
CrustyOldFart
Founding Member

Well said. I'm sure that a good percentage of law enforcement officers are doing the best job they can, and function within the law.

Not to change the subject, but has anyone else ever wondered what motivates a cop to be a cop? It sure isn't the money! I think a goodly portion are former "bad guys" themselves -- with a smattering of power freaks in there too. A lot of "good guys" who go in get jaded by ealing with low lifes and change too, IMHO.
CrustyOldFart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 02:14 PM   #50
BammBamm
Founding Member

You need to learn to read. You also should take some classes on the Constitution.

The article said that people on all bikes were being repeatedly harrassed. By your logic, every bike should be pulled every time it is seen on the road as we all know some motorcyclists are up to no good.

Your last point is stupid. I have needed the help of cops, and I truly admire the ones that do their jobs in good faith. However, stopping me for no reason is against the law, and I am tired of the attitude I am given simply because I choose to ride instead of drive.

Perhaps you feel that being pulled over for no reason is justified, I disagree. Why don't they just set up roadblocks at every intersection and stop all the bikes? That'll show everyone.
BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote