Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-12-2001, 01:31 PM   #21
itsmygixer
Founding Member

Default Re: Weekend Madness on Ortega Highway

A certain "magneto" all but came out and blamed the CHP officer for the beating. What a fool! He's probably the type of person who to everybody about how unfair it is everytime he gets stopped for speeding (in a straight line) or doing a smokey burnout (how skillful). People need to do the right thing and just sign the ticket. In my over 16 years of sport biking, I have only been stopped once. I was not singled out, I was guilty! I was generously let go with a warning for two reasons. The first reason was that I wasn't doing something soooo stupid as to make it hard for the officer to give give me a warning instead of a ticket. The second reason I didn't have to give him my "autograph" was my attitude. Non-confrontational and truthful. If you lie to the cops, they will know it and you will get it.

The bikers who did this, were afraid they would get in trouble for something other than what they got stopped for. They probably had warrants or stolen bikes. You never know what people have in their closets. You can bet one thing! Ortega Hwy is going to be crawling with the CHP and very few warnings will be handed out to bikers for a while!
itsmygixer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2001, 01:42 PM   #22
itsmygixer
Founding Member

Hmmmm. I was just thinking....what would be the #1 reason to take the plates off a bike before going for a ride?

You are an idiot for making such an ignorant statement!

As for the officer initiating this violence....probably asked for their license, registration, and insurance. What a rouge cop he must be, Huh?

Think about it!
Old 03-12-2001, 02:05 PM   #23
itsmygixer
Founding Member

Default Re: You mean other than physical descriptions of bikes and r

CHP doesn't use video! It wouldnt' show anything...
Old 03-12-2001, 02:07 PM   #24
josephblow
Founding Member

Must have been "racer" profiling...
josephblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 02:32 PM   #25
Bob
Founding Member

YES, THE CULPRIT WAS RIDING AN R1. THAT SHOULD NARROW IT DOWN! BAD JOKE?
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 03:14 PM   #26
BammBamm
Founding Member

I don't think the point of this article is to comment on the actions of the criminals that thumped the cop. Obviously, these two were up to no good riding without plates, then assaulting an ociffer.

The point that seems to have gotten by, is that the cops have no reason, or right to pull over law abiding motorcyclists and harrass them repeatedly.

There have been multiple cases of car drivers assaulting officers, and they do not pull over every car and harrass them.

I think this is just a case of the police waving their d*cks because they can get away with it when dealing with motorcyclists. The thought process involved, thinking it would be logical that someone is going to ride for whatever reason without a license plate, assault a cop, then go home and put his plate back on then return to the same road is assinine.

Assuming that just because you are on a bike means that you may know these two is also not justifiable in law.

Even if the cops were just pulling over bikers to ask if they had seen the bikes in question is a violation of our rights.

I lived in the SF bay area for ten years, and I was never pulled unless I deserved it. I hope you guys getting harrassed down south let someone know of your displeasure.
BammBamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 06:04 PM   #27
floundericiousFL
Founding Member

*watches the applause/laugh meter splutter and die.....ooooh so sorry, not enough for the cage! :P

at least you tried dude
floundericiousFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 08:37 PM   #28
BlownAwayIG
Founding Member

I love to ride. Been to and done Ortega Highway. But as many times as I've been to Ortega Highway, I leave there with a sense that I should've been there and tempted fate. Any one who has been there has seen the remnants of plastic all over the road side and down the hills. Heck I remember seeing bikes left in the gullies and canyons for days after someone got off. It's one thing to see tire marks left on the road, but it's another to see flesh, bone and blood marks on the pavement. The CHP has a pretty thankless job as it is, let alone having to deal with the Over grown Brats on Ortega Highway. And I have a friend who is a CHP Officer and has done patrol duty on Ortega. He's seen pretty much all of it there, well with the acception of this unfortunate injured officer. His answer is to close it to bikes and touring car racer wannabees. His idea is to turn it into a Controlled access road with Toll types boothes and each end. He's seen too many injuries and deaths for no reason. I'm beginning to agree, I've been too close one too many times and whether it was my stupidity or someone elses, it was one too many. Hey Willow Springs is open to those who want take the time and do it right and safe and most of all LEGAL.

I realize this didn't have much to do with the officer's incident, but would it not be for the fact that Ortega Highway is a specific target area, this officer might not have been in the situation he got injured in.

And as for the that did this, alot of wannabee knee draggers, take the plates off their bikes so Identification is harder if they are able to get away. The officer I know said that he would rather get a "PLATE #" and break off one on one pursuit than risk the suspect, himself and more than likely an innocent bystander from being injured or killed. That area is a high visability area for sport bikers and cruisers and is not a great place to be seen with a stolen bike.

My best wishes to the Officer who was injured and my thanks for him being on the job.
BlownAwayIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 08:43 PM   #29
BlownAwayIG
Founding Member

I love to ride. Been to and done Ortega Highway. But as many times as I've been to Ortega Highway, I leave there with a sense that I should not have been there and tempted fate. Any one who has been there has seen the remnants of plastic all over the road side and down the hills. Heck I remember seeing bikes left in the gullies and canyons for days after someone got off. It's one thing to see tire marks left on the road, but it's another to see flesh, bone and blood marks on the pavement. The CHP has a pretty thankless job as it is, let alone having to deal with the Over grown Brats on Ortega Highway. And I have a friend who is a CHP Officer and has done patrol duty on Ortega. He's seen pretty much all of it there, well with the acception of this unfortunate injured officer. His answer is to close it to bikes and touring car racer wannabees. His idea is to turn it into a Controlled access road with Toll types boothes and each end. He's seen too many injuries and deaths for no reason. I'm beginning to agree, I've been too close one too many times and whether it was my stupidity or someone elses, it was one too many. Hey Willow Springs is open to those who want take the time and do it right and safe and most of all LEGAL.

I realize this didn't have much to do with the officer's incident, but would it not be for the fact that Ortega Highway is a specific target area, this officer might not have been in the situation he got injured in.

And as for the that did this, alot of wannabee knee draggers, take the plates off their bikes so Identification is harder if they are able to get away. The officer I know said that he would rather get a "PLATE #" and break off one on one pursuit than risk the suspect, himself and more than likely an innocent bystander from being injured or killed. That area is a high visability area for sport bikers and cruisers and is not a great place to be seen with a stolen bike.

My best wishes to the Officer who was injured and my thanks for him being on the job.
BlownAwayIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 11:59 PM   #30
TCAir
Founding Member

GUYS!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH MOST OF YOU PEOPLE??? I keep reading things about "the right to pull over bikers and question them", "what did the officer do to provoke the attack," and "shouldn't have let himself be that vulnerable." I know that as bikers we tend to break local traffic laws, mostly for fun. I do not like getting tickets, as I know no one does, but this man was beaten for doing a job that very few people want or could handle. I am not a cop but I admire them for putting up with some of the crap that they do.

The crooked ones should be brought down, the good ones should be rewarded. Don't stereo type them as being all jerks like we are being stereo typed as being bad people for riding.

The reason they are stopping bikers on the road is most motorcyclists are teritorial and run with specific riding budies. (We all have riding budies and favorite roads.) They are profiling. It is a very effective way to help run down clues.

If there are any riders in the region please help these jerks get caught. Ask questions and turn in any info you come across. Please, for the benefit of the sport.
TCAir is offline   Reply With Quote