Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 10-24-2006, 05:38 PM   #31
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Judge Rejects Bike Ban.

We used to have rec property with one of these idiotically run HOAs. The board decided to buy the water facilities from the County without getting a vote. The county immediately delcared the water supply contaminated and cancelled all building permits until the HOA came up with $100K to fix the problems that the County sold to the HOA. We finally sold out after the problems were all fixed and just before the HOA ran afoul of the County again over some phony environmental problem that the county invented so it could pull another shakedown on the HOA. Whew... luck.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-25-2006, 03:19 AM   #32
Steve781
Founding Member

"Let's stop with the sanctity of private property stuff, OK? " Them's fightin' words. Lack of respect for property rights is at the root of most crime.

In this case the HOA is making claims about their property rights without consideration for how it affects the rights of others. My right to dyno test my bike at 1 am in the garage of my house infringes on my neighbors rights to enjoy his property for sleeping in peace.

This "all for me, none for you" approach to conflict resolution is typical of American politics right now, and is apparently overflowing into private life.
Steve781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:30 AM   #33
oldtim
Founding Member

I love it!
oldtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 05:30 AM   #34
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Can they ban loud people too?
Old 10-25-2006, 05:56 AM   #35
zenjim
Registered Member

The best HOA horror story was an old X-Files episode. People who violated the HOA rules were "taken out" by this freaky underground creature. Oh no! We painted the mailbox the wrong color brown! Ahhhh!
Old 10-25-2006, 06:03 AM   #36
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Umm, those examples are protected classes under the US consitiution."

They are ONLY protected if the organization receives federal funds. Otherwise, it's perfectly legal to ban anyone and anything i.e. Augusta Golf Club where the Masters is held every year doesn't allow women as members.

"Let's face it, gated communities are desigend to keep "those" people out and to homogenize the residents to the absolute lowest common denominator. "

Agreed.