Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 10-24-2006, 09:01 AM   #21
orcyclist
Founding Member

Default Re: Judge Rejects Bike Ban.

Hey. How's about we set up a Keg and get some BBQ as well. I thought the daughter was the one throttling the cucumber.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2006, 09:08 AM   #22
Gritboy
Founding Member

I raise you a ballista!
Gritboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:09 AM   #23
seruzawa
The Toad

Amen to that. Horse owners have ruined some of the nicest backpacking trails. I say ban everything except what I like!
Old 10-24-2006, 09:11 AM   #24
Gritboy
Founding Member

The point really is we don't want the practice to become commonplace, otherwise they'll be limiting motos, other vehicles and who knows what else and it'll just be accepted norm.

Better to promote a please keep you bikes, cars, trucks, etc. in an acceptable decibel range for such communities (whatever that is, since leaf blowers are a accepted scourge in my opinion), rather than an all out bike ban.
Gritboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:12 AM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

"Let's stop with the sanctity of private property stuff, OK? "

Cool! I'll be over to your place with a moving truck tonight!
Old 10-24-2006, 09:20 AM   #26
iamz
Founding Member

Just having a little fun, hence the .

So to continue; Macrocosm and microcosm. Look it up.

iamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:46 AM   #27
oldtim
Founding Member

I agree that gated communities are a pox on the earth but even poxes (if there is such a word) have rights and they have the right to ban all kinds of stuff. Here in Idaho a neighborhood assn. tried to ban political signs! (No on Prop 1 or vote for Gabe etc.) Of course that was rightfully and quickly overturned. Lots of people are afraid of lots of things - too many things. Lots of people would like to run our lives - for our own good of course...
oldtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 02:13 PM   #28
gtidad
Registered Member

Sorry, I disagree. Your farm is your farm. You paid for it, it is your domain. The HOA did not pay for every individual home in the area. Deed restrictions which restrict use of property, structural specifications and so forth are part and parcel of buying the home. OK. The traffic laws and personal behavior, however, are the jurisdiction of Federal, State and Local government. The HOA has no business in these matters.
gtidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:49 PM   #29
VonCrumb
Founding Member

A few years back, someone slipped some epoxy into the gate opening device at a community a few miles from my location. Nobody could leave until the gate mechanism was yanked apart (Apparently no one figured that gates could keep people in, too).
VonCrumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 04:22 PM   #30
LiionsRest
Registered Member

HOAs (Hitlerian Overlord Assmasters) usually SUCK. One community's HOA I suffered with kept trying to write me 'tickets' for parking my own vehicles on my own grass. My driveway should have been able to accomodate 2 cars, but the builder screwed up, and I was on a pipestem, not a real street with room to park at a curb. They used to claim neighbors were writing complaining letters when they'd see an infraction by anyone, but it was usually a lie. None of our neighbors cared, we asked.

The guy across the pipestem kept his boat in his backyard, and they tried to goad him into relocating it out of the community by claiming we wrote a letter of complaint. NOT!

It comes back to the issue of loud pipes. Even I'd get annoyed if my neighbor fired up a bike with Krakatoa-against-your-eardrum-loud pipes every day. But I'd complain to him/her directly, not run to MommyDaddyHOA. If a bike isn't too loud (as specified by local laws), then who cares? A person's choice of motor vehicle should not be able to be restricted.

10 Things a Homeowners Association Won't Tell You

Horror stories