Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 10-22-2006, 08:31 PM   #11
Gluge
Registered Member

Default Re: Car vs. Bike

hahah that's awesome, that means me on my little 95' 125cc bike with a fastest laptime of 1:34.04 could best the Z06 !
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2006, 09:43 PM   #12
Z3n
Founding Member

Thanks for linking that...I'd never read it before, and it was excellent!
Z3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 05:51 AM   #13
ksquid
Banned

I am always skeptical about these match ups. Usually the bike is ridden by someone we have never heard of. i.e. questionable qualifications. I would love to see Rossi/Mladin on a stock liter bike and a professional sports car driver in the Porche.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 05:59 AM   #14
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Excuse me

There is a link to an article on the internet that has facts and data in it.

It HAS to be true!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:01 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

This is especially interesting since I just last weekend showed the true meaning of performance to some drone in his 3-Series "World's Greatest Driving Machine" with my recently acquired, salvage titled ZRX1100.

The funniest car vs bike article I sawr was the Car and Driver bit where C&D's editor, Cheddar Cheese, ran a Dodge Viper against some guy from CW (I think) on a Yamaha Literbike back in the mid 90s. They did a stint on the Angeles Crest, at the drag strip and at Riverside. The Viper was a bit faster on the Crest, got humilated at the drag strip and was pulling slightly faster laps at Riverside when the engine self-destructed. They were going to also do a stint at the Streets of Willow but the Dodge's disappearing act put the scotch on it.

The editor of C&D unaccountably declared the Dodge the winner! Imagine that. A car that blew its engine, and by the way also was chewing up it's brakes, won according to that arrogant jerk. I'm sure all those DNF guys over the years who lost their bikes while in the "lead" will be pleased to know that they actually "won".

The real answer here is not which one is faster. The winner is the one that can perform at a high level day after day after day. With darned few exceptions cars simply cannot take the daily punishment that a modern sportbike can. If cagers took their Vipers or whatever and subjected them to the abuse regularly each weekend that some of the sportbikers do the cars would be in Toastville while the bikes would still be motoring merrily along.

I enjoy sporty cars as much as anyone but I don't ever waste my time thinking that I can compete with a bike.

BTW Buz, how 'bout them Dischargers?
Old 10-23-2006, 06:08 AM   #16
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Well once KP jumped on the bandwagon you knew it would hit a stick and tip over.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:24 AM   #17
ksquid
Banned

Almost forgot. Give according to some experts I heard* that the bike is 80% rider 20% bike and the car is 20% rider 80% car, it seems to me any AMA superbike rider could beat the stiff they have in this artible by several seconds thus beating the car. But for the average rider and average driver the car will probably win which reinforces the 80/20 rule. i.e see it ain't the tool article

*From the movie "Faster"
Old 10-23-2006, 06:28 AM   #18
ksquid
Banned

Default kpaul the GMP says

Hey I know the Broncos will win the Division. If you would keep your Chargers off of steriods and away from cops you would actually beat the Broncos. Rivers is inexperienced though but I think it won't take him long to be better than Plummer. Next year the Chargers run away with the division. Broncos choke this year again cause of Plummer. Shananan will get a 1 year or you're out warning from the owner.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:39 AM   #19
ksquid
Banned

Default MO should do it's own Bike vs. Car

LOL good one.. Sean would be a good canidate for this since he has raced both motorcycle and car. I would also trust that he would be more objective than a car guy or bike guy.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:40 AM   #20
Gritboy
Founding Member

Dollar for dollar, bikes always win. Some of the nitrous fiends at our local track are burning out their car engines weekly trying to feel the rush and forgetting for <$10k they can get the same thrill anytime, without a rebuild.
Gritboy is offline   Reply With Quote