Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 09-06-2006, 05:20 AM   #41
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Oops

I have a feeling they meant he was still upright on the grass strip. Being in control on grass at speed is impossible.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2006, 05:30 AM   #42
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Same as the guy that lost his leg and the idiots report he was not wearing a helmet.

No head injuries, amputated leg so what's the point?
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:35 AM   #43
bigdx
Founding Member

Default The article is wrong. He was wearing a helmet so he couldnÂ’t have wrecked.

I hope the guy comes out ok too.

Fact is, even Rossi dumps it when he goes to fast. This guy was probably motoring along and he should not have been.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:38 AM   #44
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re:

"he was dueling with me on another thread where he was losing badly"

You have delusions of adequacy.

Old 09-06-2006, 06:00 AM   #45
bmwdude
Founding Member

Default Re: The article is wrong. He was wearing a helmet so he couldnÂ’t have wrecked.

Well put. Ever single one of us has busted our butt at one time or another. Usually over something stupid, like wet leaves in a tight corner or gravel. This dude is no different.

As for all of longrides comments about 50ish fat dudes on HD's. Quit it!!! You're scaring me. I've been toying with the idea of a Geezer glide. Now I'm afraid to buy one. Oh well, if the crashing didn't do me in, my wife more than likely would. Too many bikes in the barn. ;-(
bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:06 AM   #46
bmwdude
Founding Member

Re: "Too bad we don't simulators like pilots have. "

We do, their called track days. IMHO, the best place on earth to learn to ride well.
bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:13 AM   #47
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I speed all the time on my Hayabusa, but rarely on a Harley. The only bikes I've ever tasted the turf on were fast, good handling machines with excellent brakes. I've never dumped a Harley in all my years of riding. Think there's something to that? I do. If the guy was riding a Harley instead of a Honda sportbike he probably wouldn't have been excessively speeding, and he'd be home eating dinner and having a beer instead of an IV and CAT scans. If I post that I bit the turf, or you read about my death, I can almost assure you that the Hayabusa will be with me.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:22 AM   #48
oldtim
Founding Member

Motorcycle accidents still seem to bring out the worse in reporters. Our local news never fails to let us know if the rider was wearing a helmet regardless of the particular injury, if any. In spite of the fact that motorcycling is as mainstream as it gets these days, the press still seems to see us as lunatics with a death wish. Very aggravating...
oldtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:29 AM   #49
Gritboy
Founding Member

Default Re: BS journalism

Research requires work, integrity and a brain... something that journalism seems to short on in recent years (generally speaking). The negative slant in this article is obvious.

That said, accidents happen to even the most skilled and experienced, so it's always a good reminder not to get ****y or complacent.
Gritboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:43 AM   #50
seruzawa
The Toad

Actually I was fishing for Kook, but you'll do.