Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO vs. World (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/)
-   -   Oops (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/3876-oops.html)

pdad13 09-05-2006 10:54 PM

Re: Three types of people in the world

There should be a huge flashing BEWARE: EXTREME IRONY banner above that post.

I didn't respond originally because it was just too easy.

stlarson 09-06-2006 12:15 AM

Re: Oops

Yeah it's possible. The first thing I ever rode was a mid '70s Honda Z50, when I was about seven years old, and then a 125 Kawasaki from the same vintage a little further down the line. The street stuff hasn't happened until the past year, so there could be things going on in my brain that I acquired during those early years that I'm not really aware of today.

Also, I still have that same Z50 and ride it occasionally when I visit my parents in Minnesota. That thing is just as much fun today as it was when I was a kid.

Nem 09-06-2006 01:00 AM

BS journalism

There really oughta be a lot of feedback emailed to that hack about :
"The Honda CBR1000 is a powerful sport motorcycle, capable of reaching speeds near 200 mph, according to several Internet sites."
False and out of context... Isn't the job of journos to research what they write?

Dangerousdave_2 09-06-2006 01:21 AM

Re: Three types of people in the world

Geez, the guy was really saying 'horray for our side', you know, like the guys on the right side of the street when Lady Godiva rode through town.

Dangerousdave_2 09-06-2006 01:30 AM

Don't we have some guy on the Atlanta PD who might want to weigh in on this subject? I'm thinking the stuff that the media (especially TV) considers important is a little different from the stuff the Cops care about.

longride 09-06-2006 02:59 AM

You're wrong. Only fat guys that are over 50 on Harleys ever crash. Where do you get your information? Do you watch Fox News too much?

Tadgh 09-06-2006 03:17 AM

i find that surprising that you cant relate a dirt bike to the road ..i understand the styles are different but still there are so many places where it helps

braking on loose surfaces feeling the front or back slide under braking

feeling the rear brake loose under power and how to control the slide

balance especially if you do some tight woods riding on the pegs...you notice some guys who filter in traffic put their feet down and *paddle* while others can ride slow speed feet up

clutch control definitely improves due to the amount of time you can be on it with a dirt bike

you dont have to be clearing the triple or double to get the benefit of dirt riding on your street bike :)

maladg 09-06-2006 04:40 AM

decisions, decisions

I can actually read thru this pointless re-occuring thread OR I can go riding for a week. Hmmm, tough call.

See you in a week!

maladg 09-06-2006 04:42 AM

My vote is for Micky Lloyd....

MadScientistMatt 09-06-2006 04:53 AM

"His motorcycle crossed a grass strip separating the onramp from the highway, causing Henry to lose control of the motorcycle."

Who else thinks they probably have cause and effect mixed up here? Unless he had to dodge a stalled car on the onramp, or really wasn't right in the head...