Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 09-05-2006, 03:50 PM   #21
ksquid
Banned

Default Three types of people in the world

You make a great point... I think there is certain cynical lot who are always wanting to tell everyone "I told you so". I suspect these folks spend their days watching TV. Three types of people in the world those who do, those who keep score and those who watch... Thank god we are in the those who do.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2006, 03:55 PM   #22
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Oops

" Having the situation get a little squirrelly, those are the situations which tend to further my knowledge. Having the situation get a little squirrelly, those are the situations which tend to further my knowledge." Excellent point. Too bad we don't simulators like pilots have. Where we could test ourselves and not get hurt. Like you said things that really stick with me are when things got funky.. Excellent Post.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:07 PM   #23
ksquid
Banned

Default Re:

I have to agree with you. Not to defend serasuzy but he was dueling with me on another thread where he was losing badly and I was driving him nuts..He usually is not this callous. I suppose some folks are going to say the instructor should be setting a better example for the rest of us. I guess I suspect you and I can seperate his performance on the job as instructor vs his private time. Some folks apparantly believe that you can't be excellent in one part of your life and make a mistake in your private life...without it affecting your job performance..
Old 09-05-2006, 05:10 PM   #24
steve_griffiths
Founding Member

Vancouver, WA = US

Vancouver, BC = Canada
steve_griffiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:13 PM   #25
henley
Founding Member

my thoughts exactly. CBR1000 only came out in 2004. its probably CBR 929RR if its 2001 honda CBR. Thats takes some creditibility out of the report.
henley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:48 PM   #26
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Being a complete knucklehead in the dirt, I'll have to take your word for how much the situations differ. Most of my 'squirrely moments' in the dirt happened on a street bike, being asked to do something it's not designed to do. It does teach you that slides can be caught, but must be done verrry carefully. I would think that kind of knowledge would prevent a high side every now and then, at least. Is it possible you learned more than you think?
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:53 PM   #27
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re:

I too force myself to defend Serasuzy. Like the rest of us, he occassionaly gets caught up in the general superheated rhetoric that passes for chat around here. Most of the time, he is pretty reasonable. Usually wrong, but reasonable.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:27 PM   #28
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Three types of people in the world

LOL!

Funniest thing you've every written KP.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:49 PM   #29
Casey_Daniel
Founding Member

I definately feel for the guy. As an instructor having worked with other instructors we all fall under the same problems associated with assesing our own skills. It's easy to take things for granted when you think you're in the clear.

http://www.apa.org/journals/features/psp7761121.pdf

Casey_Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:15 PM   #30
nesbit
Founding Member

He " - - crossed a grass strip separating the upramp - - " OK, great analysis! Now we've heard the what, but not the why, and we'll probably never know the facts, because there's really no motivation or incentive for the cops to do the forensics here, or for the newspaper to dig up the potentially interesting dynamics that may have been involved here and really get the story. After all, the focus of the story is only the sensationalist irony of the safety instructor having crashed. Really, the media continues to earn my contempt on a daily basis, because here was a golden opportunity to serve the public by emphasizing how objective factors (oil, sand, paint lines, etc.) rather than subjective factors (speed, distractedness, etc.), can contribute to accidents even when the victim is a professional. But, stupid me! Why would the media want to offer up incisive journalism when there marketing stats are telling them we only want to be entertained. If in the process they can damage a man's personal esteem, reputation, and work ethic, as well, all the better. Let's hope Henry recovers, recalls what actually caused the crash and passes it on to his students. If so, you certainly won't see it published in the rag that covered the original story.
nesbit is offline   Reply With Quote