Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO vs. World (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/)
-   -   Not 1%ers This Time. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/3830-not-1-ers-time.html)

ksquid 08-14-2006 06:01 PM

Re: You forgot one

bixdx to kpaul "kpaul I am your father"...."Come to the dark side of HD"

ksquid 08-14-2006 06:13 PM

Excellent Point

Yep you are so right

Kreb_Cycle 08-14-2006 06:47 PM

Re: I applaud them but call a spade a spade.

How are these two things related? Just because Roosevelt rounded up the Japanese Americans doesn't mean I trust the government to listen to my phone calls. I realize that's not part of the patriot act but you get my drift. It's not the FBI's business what my library checkout history is.

I should think conservatives would be the most concerned about this, this is the definition of big government. However, the conservatives in power now are far from conservative with their use of anything, be it use of taxpayer money or governmental power.

Kreb_Cycle 08-14-2006 06:49 PM

Re: Not 1%ers This Time.

They're witches? They're made of wood?

ksquid 08-14-2006 07:20 PM

Excellent Point

Yep did you see that report on the department of Homeland security. Buz's friends are sure on a spending spree..Nothing conservative about it.

ksquid 08-14-2006 07:25 PM

Closet Bush lover

Kreb_Cycle he does this alot. Blames Johnson for the war but how many Republicans were against the war back then.. How many Republicans voted against the Gulf of Tokin Resolution (Vietnam war)? sersuzy is closet W lover.. He even thinks the Laffer curve works and deficits don't matter... Hey seruzy notice interest rates have risen every year since W has been in office i.e on his drunken sailor spending spree..."Deficits don't matter" say **** Cheney... Defficits matter say Alan Greenspan and 99.9% of the world's economists...

Thruxomatic 08-14-2006 08:25 PM

OK. I think it's safe to rule out WWI, WWII and Korea, seeing as the Germans were to blame for the first two and it was the UN that made the decision to go into Korea.

As for wars of aggression, you have the Phillipines (McKinley - Republican), Grenada (Reagan - Republican) and Vietnam (Johnson - Dem). I don't think either party has a monopoly on use of military force.

BMW4VWW 08-14-2006 09:26 PM

Dave, Bush is a power hungry a$$hole and so were FDR, Truman and Woodrow Wilson. FDR carefully manipulated the U S into war with the Japanese through embargos on the sale of oil and scrap iron. Like most of the liberal posters on this site you have a very limited knowledge of the historical facts of the twentieth century. Roosevelt and Wilson both promised the populace that they would avoid the two respective world wars. They instead did everything they could to bring us into them. As for Germany being the real threat to the world, in both wars the defeat of Germany was a foregone conclusion prior to the U S entry into either war. I would encourage you to read up on the machinations of FDR, Truman and Wilson prior to embarrassing yourself by posting on subjects that you apparently have not studied in depth.

bigdx 08-15-2006 02:37 AM

Re: Not 1%ers This Time.

turds float ...

longride 08-15-2006 04:16 AM

Re: Closet Bush lover

"Blames Johnson for the war but how many Republicans were against the war back then.."

The same amount as the count of Liberals were against the Iraq war at the beginning. It's just fashionable to be against it now. Bush didn't start it by himself, but your 'sound byte' mentality would prevent you from admitting it.