Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 08-15-2006, 08:09 PM   #101
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: I applaud them but call a spade a spade.

Dave, there is quite a good bit of evidence now that FDR knew about the attack on Pearl Harbor, and let it happen.
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-15-2006, 08:15 PM   #102
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: I applaud them but call a spade a spade.

Would you deem that to be a Hobsen's choice?
Old 08-15-2006, 08:21 PM   #103
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: The Vietnam connection with fiscal policy.

Yes Dave all wars including idiotic ones are expensive. They are even more expensive when armament companies vie for government contracts paid for by you and me, when we have very little to say about how the money is spent.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:18 PM   #104
Thruxomatic
Founding Member

Default Re: Excellent Point

A whole bunch of the top CIA spooks left, but most of them left in protest after a middling spook halfway down the ladder was leapfrogged right to the top spot because he was a Bush loyalist. He replaced Tenet as the head of the CIA. I don't know if them leaving counts as 'firings' but I think the writing was on the wall for most of them, anyway.

I get a bit skeeved when 9/11 is put down to a failure of intelligence. The commission's report detailed several intelligence briefs leading up to the event that indicated increased chatter, that Al Quaida was involved, that the US was the target and that airplanes were the MO. Several ex-CIA responded publicly to the Administration blaming the spooks for the failure by pointing out that they had done the briefs and sent them over to the Oval Office as per standard protocol.

What we'll never know, mainly because the commission let certain administration members off without testifying and gave softball questions to those that did hit the stand, is what was done with those briefs. File 13? President's desk and he just ignored them? Filtered by his mini-intelligence steering committee? We'll never know.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:20 PM   #105
Thruxomatic
Founding Member

Default Re: Excellent Point

LOL. A local MP used his clout to get his very long driveway paved for free in exchange for preferential treatment on Highway paving contracts. Needless to say, he is an ex-MP.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:33 AM   #106
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: Not 1%ers This Time.

I'd settle for a Republican with some sort of growth between his ear holes. When Hillary starts sounding good to me, I gotta get out my voter registration card to reaffirm that I am indeed a card-carrying Repub. And this polarization crap has gotta stop. Time to dump the two party system? How can you not be polarized in that type of set up?
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote