Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO vs. World (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/)
-   -   Donate Now, Or Pay Later, Part Duex (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/380-donate-now-pay-later-part-duex.html)

blip 03-05-2001 04:18 PM

Re: Donate Now, Or Pay Later, Part Duex

We'll make a new one, the old BBS is all torqued up and offline.

Gliderguy 03-05-2001 04:35 PM

Re: D@#n You!

I'm no computer expert, but if you had people who mailed you checks include their email address so you could give them some kind of password that let them into an area that would load the cookie you needed...

That only leaves the problem of only the authorized donor getting the cookie... Guess there would have to be some extra verification step or something to keep 500 people from using their buddy's password. (maybe it only works a few times, to allow for folks like me that occasionally like to reformat a hard drive)

The_Blue_DoGGG 03-05-2001 04:36 PM

I tried

I tried but got this error message: FAILED!

The authorization server returned a failure code of:

3 - An error occurred during processing. Call Merchant Service Provider.

Please try again - Motorcycle Online relies on these generous contributions from noble folk such as yourself to stay afloat and bring you the very best in all things Motorcycle.

so what do i do now?

bimota 03-05-2001 04:37 PM

Things I forgot

The problem with posting at work is some times you get distracted by it, and lose your train of thought. Part of what I was going to say in my first post is that I hate being proven wrong. That's where the "d@#n you" comes from. Originally I said I wouldn't pay, donate, etc. But after reading through all these articles I realized that 1) I must love MO to spend so much time here, and 2) I'm not any kind of charity case. I posted about how great BKS gloves are. How could I turn around and say you're not worth $13, that I can't spare it? Really. So I finally got a clue, and that should have been in my original post.

Gliderguy 03-05-2001 04:38 PM

I'm no computer expert, but if you had people who mailed you checks include their email address so you could give them some kind of password that let them into an area that would load the cookie you needed...

That only leaves the problem of only the authorized donor getting the cookie... Guess there would have to be some extra verification step or something to keep 500 people from using their buddy's password. Maybe limit each unique password to work only a few times, to allow for folks like me that occasionally like to reformat a hard drive.

Course that would be a boring full time job sending out e-mails for someone on the staff...

Gliderguy 03-05-2001 04:39 PM

D'oh, where is the edit button when you need one...

Calamari 03-05-2001 05:03 PM

Yes we need an alternative to the cookie.

Some of us log on from different machines.

Some of us have teenagers who manage to kill

all the cookies to keep Dad from snooping.

hardware swaps,virus damage.ect

passwords are a drag but their transferable.

SB8RC 03-05-2001 05:04 PM

i would donate but.... im sure ill be banned soon enough

unless....can i become ban immune if i donate?

harleys suck

blip 03-05-2001 05:06 PM

Re: I tried

There was an unknown error with your credit card. Most of the errors are caught and returned and it'll tell you what's up, so I guess try again and make sure all your info is correct...

Calamari 03-05-2001 05:24 PM

The Boss man himself quoted astin martin in the

story read his stuff I'm pretty sure your safe