Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 07-19-2006, 05:28 AM   #11
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: Japanese Motorcycle Makers Hit the Wall in China

Ah, you read Marvin Wolf's stuff?
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2006, 06:02 AM   #12
maxriderdon
Founding Member

So it's fine to do something wrong as long as someone else did it too? As far as Honda's pricing I will agree if you are talking cars/trucks, but their motorcycles seem to be priced only slightly higher than the other 3 of the big 4. One reason for that is Honda's have a reputation of better than average reliability. No I don't own a Honda, just stating what I believe to be the facts.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:16 AM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

No, I never said it was fine. And the Japanese were in fact dumping in the USA. Many nations act when they see dumping in their markets and rightly so IMHO.

Any instances of Japanese companies whining about foreign trade protectionism by other nations should be met with gales of laughter.

Old 07-19-2006, 07:18 AM   #14
kdurrell
Founding Member

Well, if Japan had mounted a land invasion against your country more than once, and generally treated you like dirt, you might be a hater too...
kdurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:14 PM   #15
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

People have been salivating to get at China's "huge untapped market" for as long as I can remember, and it has always fallen short of expectations. Any product that they are still learning how to make will do fairly well for a while, and then they will produce a reasonable facsimile of it at a fraction of the price, and that will be that. Motorcycle, cars, airplanes, televisions, computers-it don't matter. Sooner or later they will learn how to make a cheap ripoff for an unbeatable price, and dominate the domestic market. Then, they will come after us, with the same kind of tactics that the Japanese used, but on ten times the scale. At least that's the way I see it.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote