Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-02-2001, 09:56 PM   #1
SB8RC
Founding Member

Default Re: Corrections to Honda VTX Story

ha ha, you guys messed up! stupid stupid stupid......
SB8RC is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2001, 04:59 AM   #2
floundericiousFL
Founding Member

I think it shows their professionalism to put this correction on the front of their site for everyone to see....

They, apparently, got the wrong info at the briefing that they attended. I think it shows a lot of humility and sincerity for them to immediately post a correction so openly...most print magazines would run a small correction box (with tiny font) buried in the pages of small ads at the back of their magazine, if at all!

Thanks for the corrections MO!
floundericiousFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2001, 07:30 AM   #3
Twitch
Founding Member

Default Your a Troll

IF all you can do is post pure negativity, I will not be surprised if you IP address gets banned here. Remember that this is a private site, not public, free speech is not a right, but a privilege.
Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2001, 09:14 AM   #4
CrustyOldFart
Founding Member

Default Re: Your a Troll

Not that I disagree with you, but your arguement would be a lot more credible if you learned spelling and grammar. Your title should have been "You're a Troll" not "Your a Troll" You're is a contraction of "You are". We learned all of this in third grade, remember?
CrustyOldFart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2001, 09:17 AM   #5
CrustyOldFart
Founding Member

Default I should have proofread! Oops!

I misspelled "argument" -- the joke's on me!
CrustyOldFart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2001, 11:45 AM   #6
Pacer
Founding Member

Those goofs are pretty minor, I have seen print mags make bigger mistakes. The beauty here is that the mistakes can be fixed asap. Print mags have to wait a month to put a contraction in a small colum. If someone does read the correction they probably forgot the original article. MO not only told you within hours of learning of the mistakes, but those who read the article from this point forward won't even know there was a problem.
Pacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 08:35 AM   #7
SB8RC
Founding Member

Default Re: Your a Troll

thanks for pointing out basic spelling to these morons...
Old 03-04-2001, 08:36 AM   #8
SB8RC
Founding Member

umm, colum?
Old 03-04-2001, 11:03 AM   #9
john
Founding Member

Hey did you even read the mistakes made and why they were??? The bike related mistakes were not mistakes at the time of posting. Honda had not given MO up to date information, so go email honda and tell them how far behind they are. And the one about the 7 mile honda oval......i could give a less whether it is flat or banked.
Old 03-04-2001, 03:06 PM   #10
DuckyDave
Founding Member

Hah, I cant believe some of you guys, If you dont like this site then why do you keep coming back? The print mags dont put out 1/5 of the info that I find on this site. These guys arn't competing with the print mags. They are different. Not bettter not worse, different. I like the fact that they are quick. They found a few mistakes and they fixed them quick. Hell, i read the article a couple of days ago and I dont even remember them talking about a track. So i guess the the questions of banks or not is moot.

Ride smart People

Ducky Dave
DuckyDave is offline   Reply With Quote