Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 07-03-2006, 08:47 AM   #1
bmwdude
Founding Member

Default Re: A Respectable Request From a Non-Rider?

As much as I agree with the author of this report, I can't say a word. Because, I've been as guilty as anyone here of owning loud bikes.

bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2006, 09:01 AM   #2
gigantic
Registered Member

Default Life savers!

Doesn't the writer know all the good these people are doing when they're out riding? everybody knows that loud pipes save lives- these people aren't scofflaws or miscreants; they're heroes! they're out there saving lives!!!

I think i just heard another hero pass by my house. !@#$ing heroes!
GSXR-750 #13 Spyder Leatherworks, TrackdayMag.com East coast staff.
gigantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:09 AM   #3
priday
Founding Member

One (potentially) incorrrect assumption by the writer is that Ego is the root reason for loud pipes.

What if the rider just thinks they sound cool? I agree that the rider has rights to do pretty much anything UP TO AND UNITL IT INTERFERES WITH ANOTHER PERSONS QUALITY OF LIFE.

We as a society do need to have a little respect, especially with respect to our driving habits in residential areas, etc., etc.

But loud pipes do sound cool.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, wrong and misguided though they may be.....

I mean, the chick that wrote this article probably doesn't care for great big fake boobies on strippers, either!

It's all a matter of perspective.

Shiny side up!

Rob

Horsepower is an illusory mathmatical equation; Torque is Real, and is the source of all good things in the world.
priday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:19 AM   #4
concourse
Registered Member

I think he's is right. Iv'e been riding for 20 years and The staight pipes are becoming stupid loud. I passed a guy today and my chest started to vibrate at the light. I don't mind something thats louder but it getting ridiculous. Just leep it in control. Half these idiot take out the baffles and then saw 4 or 5 inches of the end. Them there surprized when they do get pulled over.
concourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:06 AM   #5
GrisoDG
Founding Member

Speak for yourself f_ckface.
GrisoDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:21 AM   #6
naco_traficante
Registered Member

Default noise level is following rise in engine cc's

There have always been loud pipes but they get louder every year as the manufacturers race to one-up each other in maximum V-twin displacement. I blame society.

naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #7
anrajala
Founding Member

I blame the police. In this, as with any regulation, if the rules are not enforced there are always people who will take advantage. Imagine you´d get away of not paying taxes.

Why they let this happen is because of their conspiracy of turning the people against the bikers, who basically are narcs, pimps, unemployed and other criminals.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:58 AM   #8
bobo69
Registered Member

i like how the cops will pull a car over with a lightly modified exhaust and hassle that driver as a big v-twin drives by and breaks your eardrum
bobo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:29 PM   #9
orcyclist
Founding Member

I have to agree that this is an ego thing. It just "sounds cool"? C'mon. My race bike is subject to noise regualtions, (the track is on publically owned land), but that fact doesn't seem to have had a negative effect on my fun - or my ability to go fast. My race bike at full song is nowhere near as loud as a "loud pipe" big twin ( mostly Harleys). A new t-shirt is in order "Loud pipes - small D**K!" Maybe that will work.

It is a minority of folks ( mainly Harley riders) who are sdcrewing it all up for the rest of us.

I have been riding for 30+ years and I really dislike loud pipes.

I think that some of those Harleys are louder than MotoGP bikes and slower than my mother's car.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:45 PM   #10
scfrank
Founding Member

Then what will the 'small d*ck' ones among us do ? I really don't want to have to take the enhancement pills! The loud pipes did indeed work and without any side effects, until now.

It ain't my fault I have a small d*ck.

AFLAC
scfrank is offline   Reply With Quote