Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 07-04-2006, 07:42 AM   #71
naco_traficante
Registered Member

Default Re: A Respectable Request From a Non-Rider?

Maybe MO could fix the moderation so that no-one can moderate themselves.

naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2006, 08:17 AM   #72
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Nice story Bruce Â…

Ya think?
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:50 AM   #73
sarnali
Founding Member

Glad I don't live in your state, which I thought you said PA. for some reason, my mistake.

I guess you divide your time between sitting in your moms basemant trolling and insulting people and ratting on your neighbors and other total strangers for alledged infractions....

I'll bet you were the Hall Monitor in school huh?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:33 AM   #74
davidhaner
Founding Member

Default Re: Couple of bizarre posts ... again

Come on granny, we're happy your pipes are quiet and you don't speed. We all know how much a valued member of society you are. We're all blissfully aware of how you're not any part of any problem.
davidhaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:36 AM   #75
davidhaner
Founding Member

Is that my wife making that noise... no, wait.. I know why you keep bringing up sheep.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:41 AM   #76
davidhaner
Founding Member

I wish you would post more, this site needs the humor.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:23 AM   #77
bill_1
Registered Member

The loud pipes are a tool to make sure that their noise is right in your face. It is just about getting attention with the added bonus of offending other people. Same as the obnoxious bass in car stereos. You will hear me and notice me weather you want to or not. If you have no common decency, don't expect any.
bill_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:10 AM   #78
bigdx
Founding Member

Default KP, is your name Kevin Paul, formally of Oregon?

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:12 AM   #79
seruzawa
The Toad

Around here about 75% of the loud pipes are cruisers. But there are at least two guys around here who like to blast around at 1AM with their racing muzzies. F%^k em all.

However apparently about 50% of the loud piped HDs are owned by cops. So now you know why the police don't enforce the noise laws.

As cautionary example, back in the 70's there was the "Less Sound, More Ground" campaign. Some here may remember that. Guess what. People did quiet the bikes down. The land got closed to us anyhow. Then there was the anti-three wheeler campaign complete with a special segment of lies and distortions and outright fraud by "60 Minutes". The manufacturers gave in and agreed to produce only 4 wheelers. The enivrowackos who were the main force behind closing land to ATVs and motorcycles continued right on with their anti-OHV campaign. They never cared about safety... heck they post data on the internet on how to kill OHV riders. Safety was just an excuse to attack the vehicles. Joe Middleclass went right along with all this. After all, if it's on TV it's gotta be true, right?

The moral of this is that no matter what Joe Middleclass Cager claims, he'd support a ban of all motorcycles in a flash. Especially if he finds out that people getting in motorcycle wrecks are costing him a nickel in health care costs. Don't think that stopping people from using loud pipes is gonna protect us. It never has.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:45 PM   #80
jasonlion54
Founding Member

"I'll bet you were the Hall Monitor in school huh?"

Probably not. He's against helmet laws, remember? Bigdx thinks that motorcycles that are obnoxiously loud and interfere with other people's enjoyment with whatever shouldn't be driven on public roads.

Btw, big, I couldn't read that post about ultrasonics but I think his point was this:

You said that low frequencies are soothing. He says you're wrong, because rehab clinics use high frequencies. Just clarifying.
jasonlion54 is offline   Reply With Quote